Abuse

By Anonymous - 13/07/2020 17:01

Today, I was taking Zoom classes. We live in a one-bedroom apartment, which means I could hear my mom and dad fighting. I didn't notice that my mic wasn't muted. Everyone in my class now thinks that CPS needs to be called to my house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 864
You deserved it 262

Same thing different taste

Top comments

LadyRen 20

Your parents must have been fighting way past “normal” fighting for them to want to call CPS. And a one room with three people (at least), sounds awful.

tounces7 27

Well....DO they need to be called?

Comments

LadyRen 20

Your parents must have been fighting way past “normal” fighting for them to want to call CPS. And a one room with three people (at least), sounds awful.

I'd call them myself just to get my own room.

rotflqtms_ 21

Up until high school, I shared a room with my mom, then my siblings, then my sister until she moved out. In high school (the whole 4 years) I didn't have an actual room. I went from having a curtain up in a space that fit my bed and dresser with a little space between to walk in and get into my bed (I guess it was a dining area) just wished the curtain went up to the ceiling so I could block out the kitchen light. to a place with a space that didn't fit my bed, so they gave me a cot. Had to run it long way because it was JUST wide enough to fit the cot with walls on 3 sides touching the cot with the foot of the bed sticking out at the end of the space. No curtain, no privacy while I slept. I even had to wear pants instead of shorts under my night dress during the dead of summer (no window, no fan) because if my mom's boyfriend went to the kitchen and my shorts were riding up while I slept, he could see too much of my skin. I was really wishing for a curtain then because I hated wearing long pants when it was so hot. I was one of the lucky ones. My mom's boyfriend didn't try anything with me. But yeah, sometimes the family just can't afford an extra room at the moment, and you gotta do what you gotta do. I was happy when I did finally get a door while in college. I greatly value doors and my ability to close them and I take advantage of the lock whenever I enter my room. Not even doing anything wrong, I would just automatically lock when I entered because I could. And now I live on my own, so my whole apartment is like my own room with a door i can lock. (RIP, the room doors can't lock in this apartment, but I live alone, so it doesn't matter.) I wouldn't have called CPS because at the end of the day, I love my mom and she did the best she could for her kids. I was the youngest and the last one under 18 (was 16-17) when she her boyfriend and I moved to that place with the cot. Tough times but we all survived. And there are people who even do family beds in some places. Or no bed at all.

tounces7 27

Well....DO they need to be called?