A teacher's burden

By Anonymous - 13/05/2009 17:46 - Canada

Today, a parent came into my class and told one of my 6 year-old students that their grandma died. Then the parent left. The kid started crying from the news, which then got all the other students crying. I spent the rest of the day comforting a class of kids crying over someone else's grandma. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 521
You deserved it 3 858

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kids will cry over anything, although it sucks you have to deal with it. Sorry charlie. And how shitty of the mom to just come by tell the bad news and leave.

The kid's mom didn't take him/her home? Jeez.

Comments

rwarlol 0

what a crappy parent. tells the kid and leave. at least wait until the kid gets home or take her home.

j0k32r0x 0
chris5182 0

this is why i'm not having kids...

waxstigmata 0

atleast the kids are empathetic, but the parents should have taken the poor kid home!

FBIWarning 0

that mom is very much a tool bag

mato86 0

I totally feel your pain here. I deal with a room full of crying children every day. Only I teach high school :P

randizzle6 0

Wow, that sucks...for the kid. I think it's kind an FML that all your students have a teacher who says things like "told my student *their* grandma died." Grammar, anyone? :-)

Goldfinch86 0

How ******* stupid are some of you people? It's not that the person is a heartless bitch it's that it was stressful trying to get a class room full of children to stop crying. Children don't understand death well and as everyone knows kids are dramatic and full of emotions. You people should grow ******* hearts and a brain. It seems like your missing several organs.

what the **** is wrong with the parent?!!??!

touch_me_im_sick 0

Damn, why is everybody piling on #12? Clearly what they meant was that the kids were showing empathy. Also, they never said that the teacher was being heartless, or that this whole situation doesn't suck ass for the teacher, because it does. I would've been quite pissed at that parent.