A-hole

By Anonymous - 25/01/2014 19:11 - United States - Salida

Today, I went back to work after a horrible bout of respiratory illness. After a few hours of using hot tea, cough drops, and tissues to deal with my lingering cough, I found out that my asshole coworker has filed a formal complaint about me disrupting her concentration. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 084
You deserved it 4 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lilmslady 11

cough on her stuff.... bet she'd shut the **** up then

How disruptive OP! Can't you die any quieter? I kid, I would of been a bit pissed with her.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

The plus side is she will eventually get a cold. You should do the same to her.

I know how you feel OP. Growing up I had a bad winter cough that would last all winter and the kids would pick on me for it. Sometimes when it gets really bad I'd have to step out side the class. Had some really interesting nicknames in high school -_-

skyeyez9 24

That happened to me a few times, but it was from allergies. I'd randomly get the itchy feeling in my throat and it seemed the more I coughed, the worse it got. I'd have to step out of the classroom and get a drink of water and to get away from everybody staring at me.

Reminds me of former roommates that yelled that they could wake me up at 3am on a Tuesday because my coughing bothers them.

hazardmuffin 21

It sounds like she's not really sick anymore, she just has a bit of a cough. Some work places are really strict about absences, maybe OP didn't want to take off work any longer than necessary.

You should cough on her to get her sick .

Well... She isn't wrong technically... :P

hazardmuffin 21

That sucks. I hope nothing comes of it and they tell her she's an idiot. Some work places can be really strict about sick days, OP probably wouldn't have been able to take much more time off if he'd been sick for awhile. I have a friend who was suffering with a persisting condition and ended up missing a bunch of work due to hospitalization and they wrote her up for it several times and told her she'd be fired if she missed more, so the next time she had a bad flu she had no choice but to go to work. They asked her why she would come in while so contagious and promptly sent her home. She still managed to infect half the office.

Bitch is jealous of your tea and cough drops. No need to pay attention to her

I clicked on FYL and YDI. Your co-worker sounds like a total bitch, and that sucks. However, I am distressed that you are back at work if your cough is that bad. I empathize with the fact that it may not have been possible to miss work any longer without some kind of medical pass which you may not have had access to, but I've had co-workers pass on some really nasty stuff to me, just because they had to come in to work sick, and I'm still bitter about it.