A-hole

By Anonymous - 25/01/2014 19:11 - United States - Salida

Today, I went back to work after a horrible bout of respiratory illness. After a few hours of using hot tea, cough drops, and tissues to deal with my lingering cough, I found out that my asshole coworker has filed a formal complaint about me disrupting her concentration. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 084
You deserved it 4 281

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lilmslady 11

cough on her stuff.... bet she'd shut the **** up then

How disruptive OP! Can't you die any quieter? I kid, I would of been a bit pissed with her.

Comments

Culpion 3

If you're still coughing so much, maybe you should stay home. Not only do you feel terrible, you may potentially be spreading a contagious illness.

Generally, once you're over the contagious stage (usually about 3-4 days), the cough that's left is a result of the bronchial irritation, and not infection. Yes, the lingering cough can be annoying, and it can take up to a month to go away, but no one can afford to stay home that long. Princess co-worker needs to suck it up and wear earplugs if it's that annoying. OP is doing everything possible to alleviate the situation.

Wow...what a useful idea. I'm sure op hadn't thought about that.

Nicole819 11

people are so inconsiderate now days ! feel better OP

Use the teabags and tissues to make a creative sculpture and give it to her as an apologie. If she doesn't keep it on her desk complain to management that she hurt your feelings and disrespected you!

Does your work not have sick days or allow you to work from home? If they do, I strongly suggest taking advantage next time you're sick. If not, explain to your boss that you had no choice but to go and you won't be in trouble. Maybe she's just worried about catching it from you.

they did say they RETURNED to work after a bout of sickness, meaning they had already had sick days. and after having a respiratory sickness, you can feel and be better, but the cough can stick around for however long it wants, without being infectious.

Indianboy9321 25

Hopefully you can cough up evidence that you have a genuine illness. Damn, I'm sick of this type of behavior!

Well, if you have a lingering cough, then you could still be contagious. Better to stay home a few more days.

Wait until that bitch gets uncomfortably sick.

OK, sure it sucks for you, but having to listen to coughing and throat clearing for 8 hours when she's trying to do her work must be really irritating, plus if its contagious you're going to potentially make her sick, maybe you should stay at home until you're less loud and/or contagious. Very selfish to risk everyone else's health, not to mention her getting in trouble if her work isn't on time or up to standard due to your constant coughing.

HammyBear13 8

I pray that's a comment full of sarcasm!

Somewhat a mix of sarcasm and truth :P Quite shocked it's not been buried! We all know listening to somebody constantly coughing does get very annoying though, no matter how much they can't help it!

vencku 13

I was looking for someone who'd say this. If someone is ill in class and coughs for hours, that is really irritating. I understand you're ill, but please stay home, don't spread it and let other people work. If, despite all OP did, the coughing was still so frequent, OP should have stayed home.

Op took sick days. Companies get cranky and fire if too many are taken. After a few days, most if the time you are no longer contagious. So it's a sucky situation all around. But it's not selfish to return to work when you are better. Coughs can linger. I had one from a bout of bronchitis that stuck around for three months. I'm sure my coworkers were not thrilled having to listen to it. I went to the bathroom if it got bad. But I couldn't miss three months from work when I wasn't sick just because I had a lingering cough. You do what you can to make the best of it and hope your coworkers will show understanding. And you give your coworkers that same understanding when they are in that position.