This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

#confused

By Anonymous - 13/01/2018 05:00

Today, I was diagnosed with dangerously low body weight, and food addiction. At the same time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 490
You deserved it 321

Top comments

I would get checked for hyperthyroidism. A couple symptoms are excessive eating and extreme weight loss

SpaceToast 25

How does this even happen? I'm so sorry OP, get better ASAP!

Comments

SpaceToast 25

How does this even happen? I'm so sorry OP, get better ASAP!

I would get checked for hyperthyroidism. A couple symptoms are excessive eating and extreme weight loss

thatslifeiguess7 16

I was wondering about graves thyroid disease

tckm1699 7

I was going to say the same thing

You would think that's a problem that would quite handily solve your other problem. Ah well, shows what I know.

Maybe their food addiction is to celery and iceberg lettuce?

Get a food addiction to cheesecake and the low body weight problem will be gone right quick!

not necessarily. im not exactly underweight but i go for sweet stuff over savory, dont exercise etc... have deffo got a sweet tooth problem but dont put weight on...

manb91uk 22

I’m sorry but your doctors a ******* moron. There has to be an underlying issue. If you’re eating enough to be ‘addicted’ to food but don’t weigh as much as a renaissance statue then there’s something wrong with your metabolism!

neuronerd 28

As someone who used to have an eating disorder, I can say it's possible to be both underweight and be addicted to, and obsessed with food. I sincerely hope that's not the case for you, OP, but if it is, I wish you the best of luck with recovery.

As another poster said, Hyperthyroidism could be one of the underlying causes. Another is Thymoma - a cancer of the Thymus gland. Do some research online and next time you see your doctor, you will be able to ask some questions. Source, I have both Hyperthyroidism and a tumor in my Thymus gland. The symptoms are similar. A PET scan shows the tumor is benign so don't worry about me.

I think it's time your and your doctor have a serious heart to heart talk with your tapeworm about its unhealthy eating habits.

You’re not alone...I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago