By masterofblues - 24/07/2009 04:18 - United States

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me. As everything was ending, I tried to save the relationship by telling her how much I cared about her. Her response? "Please stop. You're gonna make me feel bad." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 610
You deserved it 8 499

Same thing different taste

Top comments

... Oh my goodness... SirAwesome!? Is that you!? It's me, DrAwesome! We went to Awesome High together, remember? Wow, how are things with you? Heh, looks like you're first. Some things never change, eh? You really should call more often, we could get the whole Awesome gang together and go... bowling or something, yeah? Good luck with being a knight, or whatever the "sir" means. I'm a doctor, and, well... It kinda speaks for itself how awesome my life is. But we really should catch up, man.

Most boring FML ever, this is just a typical break up scenario?

Comments

SirAwesome 0

Yeah, sounds like a typical end to a relationship. You'll get over it. Nothing particularly FML about it. First, by the way.

... Oh my goodness... SirAwesome!? Is that you!? It's me, DrAwesome! We went to Awesome High together, remember? Wow, how are things with you? Heh, looks like you're first. Some things never change, eh? You really should call more often, we could get the whole Awesome gang together and go... bowling or something, yeah? Good luck with being a knight, or whatever the "sir" means. I'm a doctor, and, well... It kinda speaks for itself how awesome my life is. But we really should catch up, man.

liveitlearnit 0

Hahahah. DrAwesome is AWESOME.

americayay 0

Loving DrAwesome and agreeing with SirAwesome. Typical relationship end, not an FML. What was she supposed to do, swoon and take him back? Or stay with him forever to avoid hurting his feelings?

OhEmGee5 2

haha dr awesome, that was cutee

treesdevin 0

ahahaa.....oh wow.....a bitch is a bitchh, that's just a simple fact ....

This happened to me too, so I feel your pain, man.

I'm with this guy. This has happened to me, but it's not so much my personal pain that pisses me off about this FML. I wanna know what kind of a world we live in that people wouldn't gladly endure some discomfort for someone else. All you did to make her feel bad was use words; what she did to make you feel bad was a thousand times greater. (Geez, girl, narcissistic much? Open your eyes and get beyond yourself for someone else for once!) Is it too much to ask that everyone learn how to be comfortable with discomfort? I'm sorry, ladies, but women seem to have a much harder time with this than men. I hope you prove me wrong.

Wow. Bitter much? This is a typical exchange during a breakup. If she doesn't want to be with you, she knows it, and she can't be expected to waste her time being with someone with whom she doesn't want to be and has no future. That being said, if you try to make her stay, what else is she going to say? I don't think she was out of line. She knows she wants to leave and she doesn't want you to make it any harder than it already is. A man has a right to express his feelings, but don't get so mad about her reaction. It was a legitimate one, and it was well intended. Also, while I feel bad for the OP, it's not a good FML story. This exact thing happens to a lot of people, and you'll get over it.

lmmmr 0

I agree with Stahn. There is nothing abnormal about this exchange. Beesquaired, don't be a dick. You have no idea what you're talking about, keep your bitterness and sweeping unfounded generalizations to yourself.p. OP- It sounds to me like you are about 14. You seriously need to grow up.

It's the fact that it's not abnormal for girls to use that line that's so sad. I wouldn't go to a funeral and tell everyone, "Death is normal; stop crying." When people experience loss, everyone needs to get beyond their comfort zones, and watch their words.

This is not the same as telling someone to stop crying at a funeral. There's a very good chance that she still has feelings for this boy but knows that the relationship isn't right for them. Hearing reasons to get together will only prolong the inevitable or create a long string of on-again off-again periods with each other.

I agree. Breaking up with someone doesn't mean you don't care about them.

IPityTheFool 0

to me also but I eventually got back and we broke up again...and I want her back still love is kinda annoying cuz I wanna move on but can't, well I'll prob be back with her soon don't worry god works everything out my brotha

Things like this make me wonder if true love even exists anymore.

slydevil11 0

IF he really cares that much about her he can still be her friend. My god there are other fish out in the sea, and if he is too "in love" to "just be friends" then he is an obsessive re-re, who has no concepts of relationships in the first place.

Horde 8

You have no clue about real love, do you? If the OP is in love with his ex, he can't just hook another fish and move on.. Also, "just friends" won't work if any involved party feel more than this.. feeding false hope lead to bitterness and hurt. Seeing your love hooking up with another guy doesn't help either. OP: FYL indeed, but don't emontionaly terrorise your gf just to keep her.

Horde 8

this reminds me of a bash.org post: "SergioThree: there's other fish in the sea, man, she's just a girl Beatsfromkorea: no dude, that's bullshit. Beatsfromkorea: Think of it this way. if your precious copy of street fighter third strike broke and i told you "it's ok man, there's other games in the sea. here, play mortal kombat instead" what would you say? you'd be like, "**** that, gimme third strike." SergioThree: ... SergioThree: you just reached me on a level that i never thought possible" http://bash.org/?761414

shut the **** up asshole. love hurts...

M13LO 0

YDI for trying to apologize to that tool (women) you should just knocked some sense into her and showed her who controlls what.

M13LO you sound like the prefect man i bet all the girls are trying to get with you

M13LO 0

The only people going to any punishment are the women! And yes there are girls just crazy for me like on that tag or axe commercial.

M13LO 0

If it is so obvious then why do people reply? And why would you need to point it out? And maybe I'm not trolling, I might really think this way.

Nah anyone who has read any comments on any FML knows you like to troll mate :P

Don't feed the troll. These a** holes are ruining the comment section

letitbe56 0

Next time, just take it like a man & don't bother trying to guilt her into staying with your whiney ass.

agreed.it's stupid when a guy gets all whiney when you break up with them. after I broke up with my last bf he stalked me for a week.

What's wrong? Your girlfriend was just trying to make the break-up easier for the both of you.

I don't understand why this is remarkable let alone an FML situation. Of course she would say that. My condolences but Jesus, grow a pair already, will you?

IPityTheFool 0

don't be a ******, If your ugly lepper-ass could get a gf you would know the pain of heartbreak. SO **** OFF YOU ****