By Anonymous - 25/06/2009 22:24 - United States

Today, I brought a friend who I have loved for years out to a nice restaurant for dinner. I ordered an expensive bottle of wine, and poured each of us a glass. As I was about to tell her I loved her, she raised her glass for a toast and said "A toast to friendship!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 806
You deserved it 7 823

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She probably knows you like her and doesn't like you back. So, instead of being a bitch and rejecting you, she kept you as a friend. It definitely could have been worse, buddy.

bexox 0

I love how every one bitches about rejection. What is someone supposed to do if they're not attracted to you? Say yes and pity date you? Get into a relationship so you dont get your feelings hurt and inevitably treat you like shit? Yeah it sucks, but I hate peoples' attitude about it.

Comments

NGM_47 0

Hahaha.....you're in the friend zone!!

Lofl, DEFINITE friend zone! Darn, you beat me to it, ha ha. That sucks. Baaaaad timing FTW.

XYZzzzzzzz 0

you actually could have taken that chance to tell her that you want to be "more than friends" now you probably just said, "oh, right, to friendship". now if u tell her, she may get confused... u missed your chance, YDI.

She probably knows you like her and doesn't like you back. So, instead of being a bitch and rejecting you, she kept you as a friend. It definitely could have been worse, buddy.

I disagree. If she knows he feels that way, but is giving him hope without any real chance of a relationship, that's absolutely cruel. I feel for you, dude.

I said it could have been worse...and you disagree? That makes no sense.

How is she giving him hope? I think she went about this the most tactful way without hurting her friend's (the OP) feelings. Only a creep would take this as a sign of "giving" hope... And like they said, i think most people have a clue when it comes to knowing if someone likes them or not. Unless the OP is very unattractive then his crush would probably never even consider it to begin with.

Um. No. Being ignored is by far worse. I'm assuming the OP actually likes this girl because she's a good friend.. and not just because she's good looking. So how is losing a friend better than not? Take a hint, keep your pants on, and keep your friend.

Hich17 0

I agree with #2 - sucks big time, but loving a friend isn't so bad. Hopefully it can develop into a kind of brother-sister love, like it sounds like she has for you.

Yeep. Unfortunately, the girl doesn't have feelings for op, but she may see qualities in him that makes him a valuable friend. Maybe in the future, feelings will blossom, you never know! If she is the one he whole-heartedly loves, I don't think op should give up, but try harder, and make her feel she is worth the fight!!!!:)

Honestly of she was a true friend she wouldn't take advantage of his nice gestures and just talk to him about his feelings towards her and try to build their relationship based on friendship not one sided love.

Aww .. I'm sorry. :( I think you should still tell her how you feel ...

softbonez 0

She obviously knew what you were doing...Maybe you dropped too many hints.

bexox 0

I love how every one bitches about rejection. What is someone supposed to do if they're not attracted to you? Say yes and pity date you? Get into a relationship so you dont get your feelings hurt and inevitably treat you like shit? Yeah it sucks, but I hate peoples' attitude about it.

me being a guy, it's not so much about not wanting to be rejected, but generally guys don't want anything to do with girls that reject them

lmmmr 0

Agreed, bexox. It's a matter of maturity.