By GoT - 07/07/2018 00:00 - India

Today, I found out that my girlfriend of a month is actually my second cousin. I broke up with her. She broke my nose. Apparently “It's not incest if people don't find out.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 653
You deserved it 572

Top comments

Well, she revealed her true colours, showing she's physically abusive.

Second cousin is fairly distant. It’s not incestuous the way it would be with a first cousin.

Comments

Well, she revealed her true colours, showing she's physically abusive.

Yep. The 2nd cousins thing isn't necessarily a reason to break up with her. The violence definitely is.

I wonder if you say "not related", if its the same as saying "no ****" before makes it fine. 🤔

When she talks in her sleep does she say "Get of me daddy, your crushing my cigarettes"?

geekynerd88 10

The grammar and spelling in this hurts.

Second cousin is fairly distant. It’s not incestuous the way it would be with a first cousin.

There’s a few states in the US that allow first cousin marriage. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

second cousin is actually fairly close. it's your first cousins kid, your aunt or uncles grandkids..... there's a few ways to relate to a second cousin

PenguinPal3017 19

False. It's the kid of your parent's cousin. What you are describing is a first cousin once removed.

Most countries allow first cousin marriages....in fact i'd say the ones who don't allow those are a rare minority.

Actually no, you're thinking of first cousins once removed. Second cousins is when your parents and their parents are cousins.

It's pretty close. Second cousins have great grandparents in common. If you're second cousins with someone it means one of your parents and one of his/her parents are cousins.

First cousin marriage used to be really popular, especially in the British royal family. And sometimes it worked out pretty well. Queen Victoria married her 1st cousin. And she's probably the only monarch who had real true love with their spouse. Also, her cousin was fine AF and drastically improved the gene pool. It's quite hilarious- if you go to Kensington Palace you'll see all the portraits of ugly ass royals & their offspring, then suddenly there's Prince Alfred looking like a snack and the portraits of their 9 children all looking like angelic baby models.

I am crying @ this entire comment.

What’s wring with you? You’re getting laid regularly and leave it because of a technicality! Nuts!

PenguinPal3017 19

Talk about getting off on a technicality.

They share a set of great-grandparents, two out of eight people at that level. I don't know of any place that considers that incest.

tounces7 27

That's a pretty dumb reason to break up with her. Second cousin doesn't mean that much.

Huh...I always thought it was that "it's not incest if they don't get pregnant from it". At least that's what my cousins always said.

OrySoma 11

show me on the doll where your cousin's touched you

WHSKitty 7

I think the people who say that first-and-second cousin incest is ok are sick in the head.

PenguinPal3017 19

I'd imagine it was more common in cold climates.

First cousins share a set of grandparents, so that's rather close, but as someone said above, second cousins share only a set of great grandparents. Genetically it's very unlikely you have much more in common than strangers. That said, the "idea" of it being family is probably enough to gross people out, even if it's not rational.

Like the band Aerosmith said, everybody started with a sister or a cousin and alittle kiss like this 🤔😂🤣