By spoton - 26/01/2017 16:00

Today, I sliced my finger on the register drawer. Not wanting to freak out my customer, I stuck my hand in my pocket and finished giving them change. Now I look like I period-bled through the front of my pants. Only 10 hours to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 784
You deserved it 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jcash52426 5

Or you could have one the logical thing and called a manager or coworker that wasn't busy over to finish your transaction while you cleaned your finger and put on a bandaid.

<p>Is it that time of the month for your finger?&nbsp;</p>

Comments

<p>Is it that time of the month for your finger?&nbsp;</p>

jcash52426 5

Or you could have one the logical thing and called a manager or coworker that wasn't busy over to finish your transaction while you cleaned your finger and put on a bandaid.

Depending on the size of the store, there may not have been one close by. Alternatively, OP may be a manager themselves, and. So possibly the only one on duty if it's a small store.

If op was a manager, couldn't she just tell someone to cover for her?

Well I don't know about op but where I work we are technically not allowed to let someone else do a regular thingamjig for us

Well I don't know about op but where I work we are technically not allowed to let someone else do a regular thingamjig for us

I think the customer would have understood. And even if they didn't, is one person's temporary discomfort more important that op's discomfort at having to scrub blood out of their pants? I get that op was trying to be nice, but honestly I hit YDI. The suffering seemed unnecessary.

How can you cut your finger badly enough on the REGISTER that it bleeds enough to go through your pants?

Some registers have sharp parts. I've seen coworkers cut themselves on registers before.

cootiequeen4444 11

10 hours to go? register work with customers? so thats retail yes? 10 hours? really? which circle of hell do you work in?

flakawaka 0

Yo you should have handed that bitch bloody money and been like," Yeah, I live that life."