By GoT - 07/07/2018 00:00 - India

Today, I found out that my girlfriend of a month is actually my second cousin. I broke up with her. She broke my nose. Apparently “It's not incest if people don't find out.” FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 652
You deserved it 572

Top comments

Well, she revealed her true colours, showing she's physically abusive.

Second cousin is fairly distant. It’s not incestuous the way it would be with a first cousin.

Comments

childlessmother 16

Incest is the best put your cousin to the test!

Second cousin doesn’t count as incest in a lot of countries, that being aid looks like you dodged a bullet considering she turned to violence.

Gngr_Grl 26

But It sure as hell is abuse even if people don't find out.

chairmanofthebored 1

How is it abuse? And for who? The guy that got his nose broke?

Had you slept with her? I'd say you got off easy if she only broke your nose. I don't know about India but in the UK or USA it's perfectly legal to date or marry a second cousin and the genetic risk associated with second cousins having children is almost as small as it would be between two unrelated individuals. Sorry, but you're the jerk here.

NOTaVirginMojito 18

I’m Indian so I understand this guy’s dilemma. In our country sex is considered taboo, homosexuality is illegal and having a relationship is frowned upon. So imagine having a relationship with a cousin. It’s just bad down here.

PenguinPal3017 19

What??? It sounds like you think serious assault is perfectly acceptable here.

Hanabi Chan 4

dude in india se* & marriage is pretty common even among 1st cousins. you just don't know it. most of the time se* starts with cousins.

If you asked her out at a family reunion, it's a YDI.

NOTaVirginMojito 18

That’s just sad tbh, also I hope you get another girl. Preferably not another family member.

it's also legal to marry your cousin.

Zambady 11

That’s how it works for rednecks

you can marry your second cousin. it's not incest. get over it