By redriver - 18/06/2018 14:30 - United States

Today, exactly 28 days after I started my last period, I started a new period. This would be perfectly healthy and normal except that my last period was 24 days long. This has happened every month this year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 514
You deserved it 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you haven't already, I would urge you to go to a doctor or even a health clinic. That isn't normal and they should be able to stop it. It could be a side effect of birth control pills or anything really. You need to get it checked out to check it is nothing serious and to help stop it as it sounds uncomfortable to say the least.

Going on the pill is a good way to try and fix this, a similar thing happened to me. Also look into the very real possibility of having endometriosis

Comments

If you haven't already, I would urge you to go to a doctor or even a health clinic. That isn't normal and they should be able to stop it. It could be a side effect of birth control pills or anything really. You need to get it checked out to check it is nothing serious and to help stop it as it sounds uncomfortable to say the least.

You also might be anaemic and need an iron injection after six months of that. Worth checking.

You also might be anaemic and need an iron injection after six months of that. Worth checking.

Going on the pill is a good way to try and fix this, a similar thing happened to me. Also look into the very real possibility of having endometriosis

i’m going through the same thing & they’ve switched my birth control three times since March

Three times since March?! That isn't really gonna help, your body needs time to actually respond and adjust to the changes in hormone levels. Unless you're having really negative reactions, most doctors will have you go at least two or three months on a new method/brand/whatever before trying something else. Because human bodies are weird and not everyone responds to meds the same way. My doctor agreed that I could "stack" my BC pills (skip the placebo weeks and go through 3 packs straight) so I'd only have 4 periods a year. Fairly common method if you're stable on the pill. My uterus did NOT approve. 3 and a half week period with a flow that somehow got heavier every. single. day. 2 months of stacking? My body is very happy with that, and my periods are barely a nuisance.

i was on the shot from May 2017-March 2018, and got put on the pill instead (by my PCP). i just went to my OBGYN earlier this month to switch pills again because i bled for over a month, on the shot AND the pills. i also had to get the Mirena IUD surgically removed because it had embedded by my ovary within 2 months of having it, hence getting the shot instead. (i got the Mirena six weeks after i gave birth, after i got pregnant on the pill.)

if anything can happen to me, it will. my whole reproductive system is pretty much an FML

ChromoTec 24
bluhbluhbluh 14

Please try to see a doctor.

24 days? Every month? Like many have said, do consult a sexual health clinic or your OBGYN as soon as possible this isn’t normal. Several conditions may cause menorrhagia and a dr will know what to check for and how to help you.

Please tell me you've gone to your GYN?

Zekfen 17

Never trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn’t die. In this case we can only assume you have made a deal with the devil!

boopingsnoot 24

The uterus is the one that made a deal with the devil...

If you have a boyfriend or husband, he's a saint!

Roseicat 16

invest in a mooncup or similar and save yourself some dosh, but make sure you do get checked out. read up on it and don't let doctors phob you off. sorry dude sometimes haveing uturuses utursucks x