By redriver - 18/06/2018 14:30 - United States

Today, exactly 28 days after I started my last period, I started a new period. This would be perfectly healthy and normal except that my last period was 24 days long. This has happened every month this year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 513
You deserved it 309

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you haven't already, I would urge you to go to a doctor or even a health clinic. That isn't normal and they should be able to stop it. It could be a side effect of birth control pills or anything really. You need to get it checked out to check it is nothing serious and to help stop it as it sounds uncomfortable to say the least.

Going on the pill is a good way to try and fix this, a similar thing happened to me. Also look into the very real possibility of having endometriosis

Comments

Go get yourself checked out. you hay have a tear, chlamydia or another serious health problem.

Sweetie, you really need to see a doctor at once. This might be something really serious if you're unlucky. Bleeding for several months with hardly any break is not healthy.

CurmudgeonCrunch 7

So you’re saying you no longer have periods. You have sentences.

GIJoefan 6

Unless the tampons get over saturated and leak, then you need a pad or a liner to protect your undies.

manb91uk 22

The fact it took you 6 months to go "hmm... Something isn't right here" is really alarming

First of all, reproductive health is not thoroughly taught in the US. We are all given the whole 28 day cycle myth in middle school but never taught that in reality a lot of women have irregular cycles for a plethora of reasons. We just have to learn through embarrassing experiences and all the surprise and painful side effects of uterus ownership that near everyone in a girls life will shy away from frank conversation about. Second, going to a doctor is scary, especially one who is going to put their hands in your most intimate orifice. Add to that the stigma of being irregular and the fact that way too many OBGYN doctors treat you like scum for having the audacity to bleed in their presence, as if you could shut off the main valve the night before your appointment. Lastly, when it comes to irregular bleeding... the tests include scraping cells off your cervix with a wire brush, spraying vinegar on your cervix while your entire ****** is displayed on a giant screen in the room, cutting tissue out of your cervix or dilating your cervix with a plastic tube and punching a hole in your uterine wall for tissue samples. All done with not even a local anesthetic. But yeah, shame on her for not jumping on that bus of pain and humiliation the first second her Disney princess period didn't last 5 to 7 days and eb like the red sea when moses held up his staff.

isabella1998 8

The same thing happened to me and got progressively worse over years before I finally had the courage to see a doctor. I had "an alarming number of uterine polyps" and cervical cancer. See a doctor ASAP. The testing will be uncomfortable and occasionally painful, but it's worth it to know. It could be hormonal, or weight, or diet, or some benign disorder. But it could also be something that could cost you your life. My doctor told me that if I had waited another year it would have been a radical hysterectomy and possible lymph node involvement. She didn't even want to address what it could have been if I had waited two or three more years.

Well it's pretty obvious which commenters are male lol. I'm sure your partner, if you have one, will survive just fine, but yeah, could be cysts or some other nasty so make sure you get it checked when you can OP <3 Best of luck!

GIJoefan 6

You might have uterine polyps, fibroids or even endometriosis. Get a checkup, ASAP!

It’s not your fault you have a wide-set ****** and a heavy flow.