By you - 30/10/2012 19:46 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, while getting intimate with my girlfriend, she asked me to whisper her name. Apparently, her name isn't Kate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 769
You deserved it 79 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unknown_user5566 26

She's your girlfriend, and you don't know her name? Are you kidding me?

Fx13mz 7

Comments

unknown_user5566 26

She's your girlfriend, and you don't know her name? Are you kidding me?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

#14: I don't think anyone in a serious relation doesn't know their partner's name. Maybe if it was a extremely drunken night with a one night stand...

Same thing happened to my brother. Always called his girlfriend babe, honey Etc till he forgot her name.

unknown_user5566 26

Welshite- Exactly. Forgetting her name in the heat of the moment is one thing, but calling her a completely different name (as the FML implied) is ridiculous.

hamrtym 15

Now she's just somebody that he used to know. U-used to know, u-used to know.

maybe her name is kate, katie, or something similar, but she doesnt like being called that.

56 - then she wouldn't have requested him to whisper it. JFC, do people not read and comprehend what they are responding to?

89, reading comprehension is becoming more and more rare these days. Some people just can't connect the dots.

I agree with 1. In any serious relationship, your partner knows your name. Although in my case, my boyfriend forgets exactly what my last name is & pronounces my first name weird (very strongly) which is because he likes my nickname, Ellie, better. So unless your name is hard to pronounce, or long there is no reason your boyfriend shouldn't recall your name even if it takes a moment or so (when you're in the moment). & definitely no excuse to call you an entirely different name.

56- your logic makes no sense. Let's say OPs girl has a name with multiple pronunciations; you're saying she wouldn't then ask to have her name whispered because of that? It's appalling how you even mention reading comprehension.

SoSoRachel 7

14- If they were together, names should've been brought up..

Katy. It could have been an honest mistake by OP. Nah, he's still got piss-for-brains.

Her name was Jessica. God damn Jessica and Kate are too similar :(.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

63, nice previously posted FML reference. Too bad no one got it...

That's a really old fml you referenced there, 62. Nice job.

may651 14

If it is katelynn and she wanted to hear the whole thing and he only said Kate asshole gf. But if it is no where close to Kate asshole guy.

smilessss 4

If he knew, he wouldn't have written this FML.

Anyone else think of Katy from mean girls? "catty heron?" "its katie!"

melanierules123 7

Jeez, I posted at 2 AM when 63 had 6 thumbs down and I got buried. The guy below me wrote virtually the same comment- he doesn't even give kudos to the right number- and gets thumbed up. WTF Internet? Is this a time zone thing?

142, its the fact that you claimed none of us remembered it. The one after you didn't.

Fx13mz 7
imavelociraptor 6

I am calling the cyber police and the state police!!!

And I know who's doing it, because I back-traced it!

Not sure whether she told you a fake name or you cheated on her and said another girls name. Need more information.

I think that if she had told him a fake name, she would remember the fake name. Maybe not, who knows, but more likely it was the "more girlfriends at once" problem.

nancyschmancy 9

My boyfriend called me his ex's name in the heat of the moment. I attributed it to all the blood being in his little head. I was still pissed though.

or he's just fantasizing about someone else at said time? I doubt he wouldve forgotten her name!

UncleMuscles 5

At least you didn't say "Daniel"

gmc_blossom 21

Your comment is so full of wisdom and humour, I'm beginning to feel the rush of an overload of awe for your comment. I doubt I'll be able to finish typing th

By "apparently" you mean you have no clue what her name is, right?

"Apparently?" Is this news to you? I kind of hope she punched you...

Reverse the genders in that sentence. Imagine saying to a girl "I hope he punched you". Not as funny. Domestic violence is domestic violence, regardless of gender, and quite honestly I find that sort of joke quite tasteless. All right, I'm done. As you were.

Beranii 5

123- are you kidding me? It would hardly be an act of domestic violence. Punching some idiot who very well deserves to get some common sense knocked into him does not sound like a bad idea to me. Now if she did it on a regular basis... Then yeah. But that's not the case. Learn to take a goddamn joke and get that stick outa your ass

Kaurageous007 12

You forgot your girlfriend's name? YDI

T9FTW 20

It looks like you're talking to yourself since OP's name is "you" Oh, witty OP names..