By Anonymous - 07/07/2017 11:53 - United States - Quitman

Today, my phone ran out of space, so I downloaded an app to store all my photos online. After everything transferred, I deleted the 1,000+ photos from my phone, along with the "recently deleted" file since it was also taking up space. The app is now empty of all "downloaded photos". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 909
You deserved it 2 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Assuming you have a smart phone, you should be able to move future photos to your computer- if you have one- using you charging cable (if it is a USB cable) by plugging it into the USB port. Use it as a media device, and you should be able to move them. If you don't have a computer, but do have a USB charging cable, get a USB flash Drive, go to a public library, and use both as media devices. You should be able to move the photos from your phone to the USB cable. I'm sorry that you lost your photos.

How hard would it have been to plug your phone into your computer and transfer the 1000+ photos to a hard drive? You mentioned using an 'app', so I can tell it's at least a smart-phone. Apple, Android, and Windows phones will all quite happily connect to your computer over USB, and old-school hard-drives are fairly cheap storage.

Comments

I'm not sure what type of phone you have but both android and apple have a built-in feature that can store photos like "Google photos" for instance.

yobyrabbit 11

The same thing happened to me with Google Photos just about a week ago. :/

There's this little thing known as "cloud storage".

Poultron 2

Is this a round-about way of asking for more dick-pics? ?

Buy an external hard drive and use it just for keeping all important documents like pictures just incase your phone or pc crashes

Original poster here, yeah I restored back about a month or more. I was so out of space that it wouldn't back up when it should have, so I had to go back that far to when I had the space.

JINXnocturnal 18

has no one heard of SD cards?! XD

Not all phones are compatible with SD cards, and some devices delete everything on an SD card of you remove it, and come with a very small SD.

if you have a smart phone it's all on the cloud. even deleted photos.

If it was google photos you may be able to recover them by going to the bin, otherwise look and see if the app developer has put a similar feature in to their app