By anonymous - 29/03/2012 15:42 - United States - Houston

Today, my boss pulled me aside to chastise me for being "off task" because I was chatting with a co-worker while working on a project. She then spent a half hour chatting with the same person about what daycare she should go to for her new baby. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 868
You deserved it 2 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

Bosses these days. They yell at you for one thing, and then go to the same. Let all their power go to their head.

perdix 29

You expect that you and your boss are supposed to be held to the same standard? You're not going to get very far in business. It's double-standards like this that make low-level cube monkeys aspire to become bosses.

Comments

KeannaLove 32

Bosses these days. They yell at you for one thing, and then go to the same. Let all their power go to their head.

Of course the boss can get away with things but not everybody else. It's in the management handbook

MrBoredGuy 1

One time in afghanistan my CO made me Burn everyones poop because he caught me talking to a scorpion, but he probably talked to scorpions too

My boss is a tyrant too. Don't stress it! Follow the rules and you'll be fine. In one way or another her wrong doings will catch up to her.

I couldn't help but laugh at 13's comment

GoodLookingGeese 10

When you are the boss, you can do what you chose. You are to be judged only by your superiors. What your boss does is not your business, and not for you to criticize. Maybe if you spend more time worrying about your task at hand than your bosses actions, you too could be the boss someday. But keep bitching, moaning, and being negative and you will always be in entry level positions.

47-shut the **** up and be considerate for once in your lifetime.

mwrc8man94 1

But she's the boss? She can do whatever she wants, your the employee you have to listen. That's how the world has always worked

This comment reminds me of cops... They do an illegal U-Turn (no lights/sirens) but if you do it, you get a ticket.

Hypocrisy runs deep in the veins of bosses.

Wow 56, aren't you a big brave 15 year old throwing the f word around, your parents must be so proud!

MrBoredGuy 1

I'm a Marine and when I was over there we had to shit in buckets and then burn it with diesel fuel and my commanding officer hated me sorry that my comment offended you all

80- Under the circumstances, the usage of the word was necessary.

Lol easy guys. That's just reality. Didn't mean to get you all excited.

Look at you in your suit 47, I bet you get all the bitches...*rolls eyes*

I disagree. A good boss should lead by example.

124- don't worry- you can always get a Canadian suit. Denim eh?

hawaiianfire 0

127 nobody said OP's boss is a good boss, but she still is the boss. So OP deal with it. Now you know how distracting you can be to others.

well just look at it this way.... one day she will get caught and you will be there to laugh

But she's the boss so I'm sure she doesn't care if she gets caught by subordinates

LO388 7

I assume 2 is talking about the boss being caught by her boss, assuming there is another tier of management.

Playing favorites is complete bullshit

that's what happens when one is in a position of authority

olpally 32

Yep they get to make the rules while breaking them as well... I hate double standards... Fyl op

omgcookeys 15

I think you just got thumbed down because of your picture.

perdix 29

You expect that you and your boss are supposed to be held to the same standard? You're not going to get very far in business. It's double-standards like this that make low-level cube monkeys aspire to become bosses.

I thought it was the additional pay and access to the company cactus...

It's all about higher pay, the company cactus and the hot slutty secretary.

And what the hot secretaries do with the company cactus! (They water it.)

perdix 29

#33, bosses don't steal Eggos -- they re-purpose them with value-added synergy to maximize return-on-investment, delight the customer, conform to the company's Green initiative and improve safety. That's how you steal egos -- like a BAWS!

Bosses always assume... Never get their facts straight

She is the boss, which means unless she is sexually abusing or harrassing you then she is technically not doing anything wrong. People make friends in their work, while it is unfair it happens. Your boss favors one worker over another and you are going to just have to learn to deal with it unless you want to stir up the water. If you feel passionate about it then talk to her about how you feel her behavior is unfair, but be aware that she might not take that criticism well. If you can deal with her 'lectures' then just do what you are paid to do. While it is not fair what she did, she is the one in authority and you do not have a real say in how she conducts herself as long as she gets her work done.

MonsterCommenter 4

Bitch, please. Bosses dont do any of their own work. -.-

RedPillSucks 31

Not true. Some bosses pitch in and help their team do the work. Also, managing a team of people, some of which are primadonnas and others which are whiny children, can be hard work by itself.

Thats the word 54 "some" do help out. My younger brother had a part time job at a fast food restaurant and all the boss did was sit on his fat as and eat. So one day I went in and confronted him to find out he looked 5 times larger then me. So you are right some do help but most are fat lazy shit faces that have reached their peak in life.

audiophileMom 11

Of course an intelligent comment like this gets buried... 8- you are RIGHT.

8, Doing something legally wrong and doing something wrong are two different things. Shes clearly doing something wrong, because she is engaging in activity that she believes to be counter-productive and therefore inefficient. Just because she can get away with it doesn't make it right or a good idea by any stretch of the imagination.. She is a dumb shit, with unrealistic expectations of her employees. Her very actions are building feelings of resentment which may or may not reflect in the work this individual does - or whether they seek employment elsewhere - which may affect the company. I'd say that's doing something wrong.

traze 7

Take a hint he/she just don't like you.

Typical case of "Do as I say, not as I do" from the hypocritical boss?