By GDBeast - 09/01/2013 23:55 - United States

Today, a girl I've been talking to online for a while asked me if I wanted to meet her in person. Two hours of driving later, I end up at her house. When she opened the door, she screamed and called the cops on me. While detained, she called my phone asking why I never showed up today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 452
You deserved it 6 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YourEvilHero 12

video chat is a good thing before meeting people off the Internet...

Whilst I think this sounds a lot like you used a fake pic and therefore deserved it... does nobody else find it a bit weird that she opened the door, saw who she thought was a completely random person, and screamed? Is that her usual reaction to someone unfamiliar knocking on her door? Bitch is crazy.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think it's safe to say he won't be talking to her again so he probably won't be explaining himself.

YourEvilHero 12

video chat is a good thing before meeting people off the Internet...

True. Not only is it safer, but also smarter sorry to hear :c

Unless you have Nev and Max with you...then it's not as bad.

Or sending pics at least. And always meet in a public place the first time. No accusations can fly and it is all around safer for both parties.

AllThatHit 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
jojimugo 20

What message? Am a crazy bitch

SparksLikeFlint 2

What message is that? I have split personality disorder? Well then if so, message received.

Don't worry elephant man, one day you will find someone...

StalkerChick 13

Lol I was thinking the same thing. OP must be hideous.

5) Like the elephant from the music video of Paradise by Coldplay? That video was so touching

fernclogger 5

At least it wasn't some serial killer that opened the door

WhatsGoodBro 12

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you should never meet up with people you meet online.

vencku 13

This is the exception to the rule. I've met plenty of people from the internet and made good friends. OP shouldn't have used a fake/outdated picture, or in case he didn't send any: he should have. It's pointless hiding how you look when you're going to meet in person.

And they should have met in a public place.

vencku 13

Obviously meet at a public place for the safety of both parties. Though if the parents of the girl were home, it would have been okay for her. Still, OP should have been wiser than to meet a stranger at her house for the first time.

Mf2307 15

those things dont always happen when you meet people offline but they prolly never seen each other and the lady freaked when she saw the person which is why you always like to see the person you are meeting first

lissa_jade 22

so which Abercrombie model did you use as your profile picture? because I hate to be the first to tell you this, but even the dumbest blonde can tell the difference between Channing Tatum and Shrek. shoulda done yourself a favor and skyped first, that way you both knew who to expect.

I'm kinda leaning towards it was really her little brother, sister, kid etc that was chatting with him using her picture or info ...

#25 I reckon you're onto something. Just cos she called doesn't mean it was the same woman talking. Was prob a sister or daughter....

I actually agree with 25. They would have at least traded photos if they were planning to meet up. I'm thinking this was all a prank by OP's relative or friend, and the girl had no idea what the hell was going on. Hence, the calling of the cops. Well, at least that's how it played out in my mind. :P

yeah but she messaged OP later on in the day asking why he never showed up.

96 it could have been OP's little brother/sister/daughter that sent the message.

mpj13 8

Sounds like a blink 182 song except you didn't get raped in jail

CharresBarkrey 15

35 - That's exactly what they put, so I don't know what you're trying to correct.

perdix 29

#40, it's one of those hated Capitalization Nazis. Even Grammar Nazis think they are absurdly pedantic. Yet 35 hoisted himself on his own petard: The band's name has a hyphen in it, it's Blink-182.

cookmo14 5

43, Actually the band's name isn't capitalized but like you said, there is a hyphen. It's blink-182.

CharresBarkrey 15

43 - That's a really stupid thing to correct. The fact that they put a space after the asterisk and before the word "Blink," bothers me more than the fact that the original person didn't capitalize "blink."

perdix 29

#52, you should go correct that on Wikipedia.

cookmo14 5

#54 - ok, and while I'm at it, I'll change the b to a capital on the bands own website..

perdix 29

#56, it will be sufficient if you do it in one place, not both. ;) Good luck!

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Truth cares, truth breathes. I'll take one lift, your ride, best trip. Always i know, you'll be at my show, watching, waiting, commiserating.

I think you mean the song date rape by sublime? If not I would like to know the blink-182 song

You didn't share photos or video chat before you met in person?

I'm just wondering when he picked up the phone did it go something like this: hey where were you thought we were gonna meet up today? I did come, you called the cops on me remember, or do you do that so often you forget you did it?

Whilst I think this sounds a lot like you used a fake pic and therefore deserved it... does nobody else find it a bit weird that she opened the door, saw who she thought was a completely random person, and screamed? Is that her usual reaction to someone unfamiliar knocking on her door? Bitch is crazy.

WhatsGoodBro 12

Maybe she told him her name before he got there. If he didn't look like his online picture and greeted her by name that would've freaked her out.

vencku 13

There is that. I thought calling the cops was overkill. Maybe he went in for a hug or said her name, which freaked her out? I can't help but feel that people don't call the cops just because there is a stranger calling at the door. (I never have.)

vencku 13

Heh, 18 was a bit faster than me.

Lol, that was my first thought too. Why would she scream and call the police on someone who knocked on the door? For that matter, why would the police arrest someone for knocking on someone's door? Does the girl do this to ANY stranger who knocks on her door? Did the OP refuse to leave the property or try to break into the house which led to him getting arrested? Something in the OP's story seems to be missing...

Showed up naked at the wrong address? :o

I agree, she seems a bit mental to call the cops, but why did OP not leave after this girl screamed in his face and called the cops? Unless she lives next door to the police station it's going to take the cops at least a few minutes, if not more, to get there.

#93 maybe he tried explaining who he was.

rhastafish 13

Even the Jehovah witnesses know not to go to her house