This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Gamminger - 24/10/2017 19:00

Today, my girlfriend of 5 months moved to another state without telling me. I found out through a mutual friend, who says she thought I would be upset so no one told me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 477
You deserved it 234

Top comments

Comments

He never said that they broke up though...

What kind of delusional reasoning is that?

Obviously if she moved to another state without telling OP or simply ghosted OP- She was not really OP’s “girlfriend.” I feel sorry for OP - I assume he was simply delusional about the whole “relationship”. OP - Relationships are reciprocal. There is no relationship unless both parties want one. Calling someone your girlfriend does not make it so. We have all wanted a particular person to like and love us at some point, only to be turned down. We all have to learn to accept being rejected and move on to another person who may actually value you and your attention. But until you stop wasting time and effort on a person who has no interest you, you will not find someone who actually values you and your attention.

Or, his girlfriend has anxiety and thus didn't tell him she was moving. Anxiety can make you think the worst possible of a situation. Or she just wanted a way to break up with him without actually saying it. Just because she didn't tell him doesn't mean he was delusional. But clearly you are.

Stories like this also give me a creepy vibe. However, since we are hearing stories like this very often, there has to be at least one story where the girlfriend or boyfriend really is that big of an a**hole.

Catlover1130 14

My ex best friend did the same thing to me. I'm sorry O.P. it never feels good to be left behind. :(

Lobby_Bee 17

Why do you still call her your girlfriend?

Well, dump her and don’t tell her about it. If she asks, tell her you didn’t cos she would be upset.

For your next dating profile you should really stress that the person should have excellent verbal and non verbal communication skills.

tolkien897 15

with that backward logic, you're lucky she just moved instead of doing something worse down the line.