Zzzzzzzzz

By driving me crazy - 26/05/2017 16:00

Today, I had to temporarily relocate to my brother's room after mine was being repainted. Not only do I have to sleep on the floor, but I also have to put up with my brother and dog both snoring loudly. What's worse is that they alternate in snoring. Goodbye sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 845
You deserved it 410

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This reminds me of a joke. A woman has been having trouble sleeping lately because her dog snores. In desperation, she calls her vet. He recommends that she tie a ribbon around the dog's testicles and he'll stop snoring. That night, when the dog begins to snore, she takes a red ribbon and ties it around the dog's testicles. Sure enough, the snoring stops. Her husband stumbles in later that night drunk and starts to snore once he gets to bed. She wonders if the trick will work on him so she takes a blue ribbon and does the same thing she did to the dog. It works and she has a peaceful night. The next morning, she heads off to work. Her husband wakes up and notices the ribbons tied around both him and his dog's testicles. He looks at the dog and remarks "I have no idea where we were last night, but we won first and second place."

Sleep on the living room couch? You may get more sleep that way..

Comments

Sleep on the living room couch? You may get more sleep that way..

Sleep during the day while your brother is up and out of the room. Or, earplugs

How big is your room? I recently painted my whole house. You start a bedroom in the morning, it's dry by afternoon.

Maybe they painted in the evening because they were working during the day. It would still be more confortable to sleep in the bathtub than in the dog's room.

Paint on a Saturday, then. No one's holding them to a schedule - unless they're painting to sell the house.

Do you not own a couch? Have a living room or any other room you could sleep in; floor or furniture wise? And to others, yes paint can be dry by the afternoon, but depending on what you purchase, those fumes can take a few days to disappear. Sleeping in a freshly painted room can stink, literally.

At least they don't snore from both ends.

This reminds me of a joke. A woman has been having trouble sleeping lately because her dog snores. In desperation, she calls her vet. He recommends that she tie a ribbon around the dog's testicles and he'll stop snoring. That night, when the dog begins to snore, she takes a red ribbon and ties it around the dog's testicles. Sure enough, the snoring stops. Her husband stumbles in later that night drunk and starts to snore once he gets to bed. She wonders if the trick will work on him so she takes a blue ribbon and does the same thing she did to the dog. It works and she has a peaceful night. The next morning, she heads off to work. Her husband wakes up and notices the ribbons tied around both him and his dog's testicles. He looks at the dog and remarks "I have no idea where we were last night, but we won first and second place."

...I really thought the punchline was going to be more interesting than that.

There's a second version of this joke with the same punchline except that it revolves around two women coming upon a drunken Scotsman passed out on the sidewalk. They are both curious to know whether a Scotsman wears briefs under his kilt or goes commando, so they have a peek under his skirt. Please with the answer, one of them rewards the Scotsman by placing a blue ribbon upon his ******** and walk on. The Scotsman later on wakes up and notices the ribbon. "Well Laddie, I don't know where you've been last night, but you've won first prize!"

UOFreak07 8

It shouldn't take long to repaint your room. Couple days???

sleeping in a room filled with paint fumes kills brain cells and seeing as how they are endangered world wide they should be protected at all cost... little bit of discomfort now but much appreciated

blobbertthethird 24

My husband and dog take turns, too. Living next to a high-use train track would be more restful.