You'll get the hang of it

By meganisabella - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, I went driving for the first time. I made it twenty miles to my stepmom's house, and didn't stop until I was inside the garage. Too bad the garage door was closed when I got there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 848
You deserved it 17 981

Top comments

perdix 29

Usually, the first lesson in Driver's Ed is operating the brakes. So much for home-schooling!

Comments

muffinXmonster 12

Today's forecast: screwed with a chance of flying fists

It's okay. When I first started driving, I ran a couple stop signs and almost ran a red light. Not to mention almost passing a cop as well. I didn't notice it was a cop up until I almost passed him. Going 70. The moral of the story is, you're going to have to deal with stuff like that when you're new to it. I hope your alright though.

courtneyann211 10

I pass cops all the time going 70. It's not illegal to pass them!

Chances are if she was in an area with stop signs and traffic lights, it would stand to reason that the speed limit was well below 70 mph.

Yeah. The speed limit was 55...lol&& thanks.(:

Don't worry OP, 90% of people on the road don't know how to drive either. You'll fit in just fine.

Pufferfish78 5

I had a friend who was just learning as well. The first time she drove she got so nervous that she mistook the gas for the brake and drove right into a video store. Been almost 20 years and she still hasn't lived it down ;)

ThecomingofTan 9

Tell her that the garage door had it coming.

bubo_fml 10

Congratulations on your restraint...I know a lot of people that would've driven through their Step Mother's entire house!

77777771 are you actually ******** me? can you not read?! OP could break, they may not of been familiar with where the breaks are and hit the gas pedal instead. Smh