You idiot!

By Anonymous - 28/10/2019 22:00

Today, I didn't want to hang out with my girlfriend so I could binge watch Pawn Stars instead. When she asked me why not, I lied not very convincingly and said my mom was sick and needed my help. She now thinks I'm cheating on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 474
You deserved it 3 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

just tell her, couples don't have to be together all the time!

Dishonesty... what a way to end a relationship.

Comments

Dishonesty... what a way to end a relationship.

just tell her, couples don't have to be together all the time!

You kind of are cheating on her. Not with another woman, but with idiotic TV. I'm not sure which one will be more hurtful when you get caught.

You could have told a half truth, like I’m not feeling great so I’m just going to stay in today/tonight and watch pawn stars.

What made you think that lying was a good idea?

Why didn't you just tell her the truth..?

You know, I'd like to comment on this situation, I really would, but I just don't know enough about it.. mind if I call a buddy in on this? He knows all about this kind of thing and we'll get it all sorted out. Meanwhile, hang out & enjoy your solitude.

But does she think that the government controls the weather?

Honesty is the best policy. It is the basis for trust and respect which are the pillars of any relationship. I hate to say you deserve it, as you didn't do anything horrible, but you kind of deserve it; a white lie is still a lie, all lies hurt. Omission of the whole truth is not lying but is manipulative, as such it is dishonest and unacceptable in a relationship.