You have been warned

By anne - 17/06/2017 22:00

Today, I happily told my husband I'm pregnant. He happily informed me that very, VERY large babies run in his family, and even though he was born 3 weeks early, he still weighed 15 lbs. The smallest baby to ever be born into his family was his great grandmother, who was 12 lbs. OH GOD, THE PAIN. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 257
You deserved it 805

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A search for the heaviest babies ever shows #10 as being 15 lbs. So either your husband is joking or he should be in the record books.

Comments

A search for the heaviest babies ever shows #10 as being 15 lbs. So either your husband is joking or he should be in the record books.

Thank goodness they now do c-sections if you've been pushing for a long time and the baby still isn't coming out; but more importantly, thank goodness you can now choose to have a c-section over a vaginal birth just based on personal preference! My mom was in the hospital for 2 days with me and pushed for an insane amount of time. They then realized I was breach and were going to have to use forceps if I didn't turn immediately. My dad prayed, and my mom felt me turn thankfully. Now-a-days, they would've never let her go that long and would've chosen a c-section as soon as they realized it was taking too long vaginally. Bless our mom's for giving birth while not having the technology or options we have, and bless all the women from centuries before us who did it naturally without any doctor, help, or drugs. Lol.

There are a lot of factors that determine the babies weight, I wouldn't worry about it! Just talk to your doctors and they will give you updates when you have your ultra sounds!

Lwint76 10

your husband is a moron... 15 lbs would be one of the heaviest babies ever born.

bigtwobah 6

I hope you aren't too tore up about this

"All I want to do, is see you give birth to a giant baby, a giant baby, All I want to be is someone who gets to see a giant baby. All I want to do is help you give birth to a giant baby, a giant baby, All I want to be is someone who gets to see a giant baby."

Bewareimaninja 4

This is like Marshalls family in how i met your mother

azouwa 26

If there is any truth to what he's saying there is a possibility that preg diabetes May run in his family. it's the main cause for big babies. it doesn't run in yours though?? maybe... talk to the Dr.

Don't worry! Baby's size is usually closer to mom's birth weight than dad's. My husband was over ten pounds, I was six. Our son was five. Just try to stay healthy!