Wrong end of the stick

By anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Saint Paul

Today, while I was jogging, a guy tackled me and got my iPhone. Being a good runner, I caught up with him and grabbed him. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with a policeman yelling in my ear. The thief got away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 644
You deserved it 3 448

Top comments

Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do what you gonna do when they're mistaken for you?

ApollosMyth 22

So I assume the police-man thought you were attacking/mugging the guy, in which case, that is really unfortunate.

Comments

assassinbanana0 20

That is really unfortunate. I'm sorry, OP! I hope you settled everything with the cops and they caught the guy who stole your iPhone!

You should've gotten an Android anyway.

Should make the cops reimburse you since they were the ones that stopped you from reacquiring your personal property. Also shut the phone off so they can't use it for anything illegal.

It's kind of disturbing how much this seems to happen according to this site.

That's unfortunate. Maybe you could try to explain to the cop that he stole your property

Ok. I'm not trying to say anything bad about anyone but what you did wrong, OP, is that you ran from the guy befor taking in the situation and figuring out if there's cops around first. I guarantee that's what the guy did first. Never attack without knowing your surroundings. But I'm not complaining. If someone stole my phone I would probably do the same exact thing.

The cop probably didn't see the guy steal the iPhone from you but maybe he did see you run at the guy.

I am sure that's what hapened...or the cop was helping the thief getting away. I prefer the first idea.

That's exactly what the officer should have done.