Wrong end of the stick

By anonymous - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United States - Saint Paul

Today, while I was jogging, a guy tackled me and got my iPhone. Being a good runner, I caught up with him and grabbed him. Next thing I knew, I was on the ground with a policeman yelling in my ear. The thief got away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 644
You deserved it 3 448

Top comments

Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do what you gonna do when they're mistaken for you?

ApollosMyth 22

So I assume the police-man thought you were attacking/mugging the guy, in which case, that is really unfortunate.

Comments

Were the police able to see the mugger's face? You can probably explain and prove it's your phone if they know who's in possession of it, or use find my iPhone via your computer to track him with it.

qpsarah 10

No, they really are not. Your ignorance, on the other hand, betrays your own stupidity.

Some of them are. Just like any other subgroup of humanity. A minority of them are out to pad their pockets and abuse their power, but most of them are just family men and women out to make the streets safer for their kids. And yours.

If a gang of men break into your house with hammers and start stealing all of your stuff, who are you going to call 16? And the answer isn't ghostbusters.

"911, what's your emergency?" "I've just shot an intruder... Oh he's twitching. *BLAM*" *click* The twitching part is a joke.

assassinbanana0 20

Remember your comment when something bad happens to you and you call the police. Would they be stupid then?

unfortunately you run into the idiot cops more often than the good ones because the good cops are usually busy doing their actual jobs and not being pricks

You didn't have the white iPhone did you? I think he would have preferred to mug a black one since it runs faster.

Install "find my iPhone" from the App Store, and then contact the police to retrieve it for you.

perdix 29

#24, "Find my iPhone" is why fat ***** will survive and procreate, and athletic studs will be murdered before they spread their seed. It looks like Darwin is favoring the nerds. I'd better cancel the gym membership and get more BitCoin.

Actually that app finds the device you are using I tried it...and usually to find it the serial number is needed.,,

They couldn't sit them both down at that moment and have a nice cup of tea and exchange sides to the story. Police saw OP chasing the guy which probably looked bad and had to make a quick decision.

6. coz you're thriving if you have an iPhone right? there are a lot of people who spend their paycheck to get a new phone. they aren't thriving. they just want something nice and will try get it back if it's stolen coz they aren't thriving.

Maybe he did, but he hid or couldn't be found... All we know is what the FML tells us. FML should be assessment for up and coming detectives lol!

Got jumped twice...that's just horrible...if you had the serial number you could track it down...