Wrap it

By Anonymous - 27/02/2023 23:00 - United Kingdom

Today, I’m 16 years-old, father to a 4 month-old baby, and I have no idea what the fuck I’m doing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 383
You deserved it 1 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This all means you are learning. Many people twice your age are in the exact same boat and won't admit it. Step 1 accomplished. Ask for help with very specific things, admitting exactly what you just did. You will find others willing to help (not raise your child) as you are learning. It is not easy, but you can do this.

This has been established. The place to look is forward not backward. OP looks to be doing this now.

Comments

Look up contraception and learn how to use it. Then look up the term fait accompli and understand how you stupidly ****** up.

@cuz803 - You're a fait accompli. OP doesn't need judgment, he needs help. He's taking responsibility and stepping up for his child, which is a lot more than many full grown men accomplish. Either offer advice or shut the **** up.

disagree. op needs judgement. the CHILD needs help.

How about you look up the term enabler and acknowledge you're a 16 year old has no business being a parent because no one at 16 is capable of taking care of a child let alone themselves. You shut the **** up.

Happy to have helped expand your feeble and mediocre vocabulary, bimbo

Tell us that you're a childish idiot without telling us that you're childish idiot.

Yes, because looking up contraception will erase the kids and put him on the perfect path. Eff off with your judgement. He's accepting the position he's put himself in and looking for a way forward.

This all means you are learning. Many people twice your age are in the exact same boat and won't admit it. Step 1 accomplished. Ask for help with very specific things, admitting exactly what you just did. You will find others willing to help (not raise your child) as you are learning. It is not easy, but you can do this.

I'd say most first time parent don't know what they're doing, even if you're among the younger crowd. Don't be afraid to ask your surroundings for help, and just take it one step at a time. You'll get there.

Vesi 29

OK no judgements because accidents happen. I was pregnant *through* protection at 16 so sometimes things happen even when we have tried to protect ourselves. I do not know what it's like in the UK, but talk to your school councilor and ask about parenting classes and groups for new parents and see if you can find a mentor or older parents that have been through all this. If either you or the mom are in *good* contact with parents, ask them for guidance, too. I know it's all overwhelming right now but you are stepping up which is definitely a LOT more than many adult sperm-donors do. You got this. Take care and when that baby sleeps, YOU sleep.

This has been established. The place to look is forward not backward. OP looks to be doing this now.

Most 16yo kids don't know what they're doing. Most don't have a 4mo forcing them to speed up the process. For right now, don't focus on knowing what you're doing. Just focus on doing something you can build on when you decide what you want. Education and employment to build a foundation and a resume.

OfficialMrD 3

Just gotta learn as you go big homie

tiptoppc 19

At 16, you are finding out what first time parents found out. You don’t know what you are doing, but spend the effort, and it’ll be worth it. Even though it will be hard, easiest advise is, don’t do to your kid, what you wish your parents hadn’t done. Every parent learns on the fly sometimes and there will sometimes be times you doubt yourself. Just try your best. Sadly, being a half decent parent is a low bar, considering many parents are in jail, on drugs, abusive, or crazy, doing your best may put you in the upper percentile. Also, never be afraid to ask for help. Look for public help lines, and if you can, see a therapist. You may need some counseling from time to time, since you are now fighting an uphill battle.

This is why contraceptives are very important. For those of you who aren't used to such large words, that means birth control.