Work is work

By mylifeisfed - 04/11/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I encountered one of my professors from college. Back when I was in his game theory class, he publicly criticized me for falling asleep and not paying attention, to which I retaliated by acing all of his exams. Four years and a degree later, I met him again... while working at Pizza Hut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 794
You deserved it 12 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for not getting me my pizza under 30 minutes.

Think about it you idiots. It's a FML because he's the one at Pizza Hut. Why would he care if he found a professor that annoyed him working in Pizza Hut? It would be funny. Some people, honestly.

Comments

FYL for working at Pizza Hut. I worked there for a month, but it wasn't worth the $2.13 an hour (mainly since I didn't usually get enough in tips.)

why are you working at pizza hut with a college degree?

I think that's the whole point of the FML.

xYourLifeSucksx 0

Maybe you work at Pizza Hut because you are unable to spell the word "acing".

kristidgranger 3

btw dumb question! what does OP stand for?

Polionixon 2

Op is the person who has posted the FML.

I just wanna know what college you went to? Game Theory refers to video game majors, right?? I'm an aspiring Game Design major, so I'm applying everywhere that has a program. Getting back to the point, just consider yourself lucky that you're out of school with a job, I had a dear friend out of school with a shiny economics degree...2 years on he's unemployed, and he cries every time CNN comes on television, it's a little bit sad, but he was a bit of a pompous ass in school so sometimes we put it on just to mess with him

perdix 29

No, it does not. Read comment #32 for more than you'll ever want to know about the subject of Game Theory.

I took Game Theory, it was the one course that I thought was total bullshit. Complete and total waste of my time. Believe me, it sounds a lot more fun than it is.

Depends on your interests, abilities and of course relevance to your future career. I find the subject interesting, though challenging (I suck at math). :p

YDI. There's a difference between actually studying and cramming for exams - it's been proven that intensive reading for exams doesn't usually take, you don't really learn from it. Fail. You also live in a democratic nation - the fact that you morons manage to keep electing officials who first create an economic crisis (that experts warned was coming years in advance) and then completely fail to handle it kinda means that blaming the economic crisis isn't an option. Over here, unemployment is barely up. YDI again for living in the yankee failnation. Dumbass.

boatkicker 4

I would like to tell you that just because someone doesn't pay attention in class does not mean that they are not studying. I can not do anything verbally really. I can't understand what people are saying, nor can I explain my thoughts properly. My primary (read: only) form of studying consists of reading and writing exercises. Do I try to pay attention in class? No, because even if I do I don't remember any of it literally 12 seconds later. Does that mean I'm not learning anything? No, it doesn't. Since starting college I have not gotten a grade lower than 92% on anything that I did. If you gave me a test on something I learned in high school a few years ago I could easily take and pass it. If however, you set me in a class were we didn't have a text book, and I wasn't allowed to look things up online, and gave me a lecture I would have no hope of passing a test on it, no matter how hard I tried. I know that not everyone has an issue like this, but it's not totally unheard of either. Although OP was pretty stupid for falling asleep in class. Professors don't appreciate it, and it should be avoided. I at least use my class time to study the subject.

So what? That's the recession for you. Count yourself lucky you even have a job.