Work is work

By mylifeisfed - 04/11/2009 12:56 - United States

Today, I encountered one of my professors from college. Back when I was in his game theory class, he publicly criticized me for falling asleep and not paying attention, to which I retaliated by acing all of his exams. Four years and a degree later, I met him again... while working at Pizza Hut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 795
You deserved it 12 827

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for not getting me my pizza under 30 minutes.

Think about it you idiots. It's a FML because he's the one at Pizza Hut. Why would he care if he found a professor that annoyed him working in Pizza Hut? It would be funny. Some people, honestly.

Comments

perdix 29

OK, I'm going to guess the OP is the Pizza Hut employee. Since the professor teaches Game Theory, I wonder if he has calculated the odds that the disgraced student is going to place some body fluids (or semi-solids) on his pie. I'm guessing it's almost a sure thing.

wtf is it with you americans and keying cars. Spoon your self...

Skull_300 0

**** him and his spoon. Key the Car!!!!

F the professor's Life for eating Pizza Hut.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

OP, I'm gonna say YDI just for being ashamed of your job. You don't have anything to prove to your professor anymore. You aced all his exams, and you proved that you have much more potential than he gave you credit for. The economy is screwed, and it's sad, but be happy you have a job at all. Stop being so ungrateful.

I can see how it would be embarrassing to have said potential only to end up working in such a mundane job.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

He'll still have that potential in 2 years or so. OP will get his chance at a better job once the economy is better.

It is widely used in economics and politics. It is all about if I do this, they do that, then ... The prof is thinking, "if I order a pizza now, the moron will spit on it. But if I don't order but later I and he is still working here, he will do something even worse,..." Meanwhile the OP is falling asleep waiting for the order, but at the end will correctly ask "Do you want a drink with that?"

You could also take Game Theory from a mathematical approach, which means the OP may have a BSc and not a BA. This is a course description of Mathematical Introduction to Game Theory from the University of Toronto Mississauga: Combinatorial games: Nim and other impartial games; Sprague-Grundy value; existence of a winning strategy in partisan games. Two-player (matrix) games: zero-sum games and Von-Neuman's minimax theorem; general sum-matrix games, prisoner's dilemma, Nash equilibrium, cooperative games, asymmetric information. Multi-player games: coalitions and the Shapley value. Possible additional topics: repeated (stochastic) games; auctions; voting schemes and Arrow's paradox. Mathematical tools that may be introduced include hyperplane separation of convex sets and Brouwer's fixed point theorem. Numerous examples will be analyzed in depth, to offer insight to the mathematical theory and its relation with real life situations.

Poundingsand 0

You're a snide ass. I thought it was a valid question, and I'm an accomplished long-post high school (and university) graduate. And kudos to the poster with "Solitaire 101". Quite funny.

Polionixon 2

I Didn't know this either and i've been in college for 2 years o.O granted it is a technical college lol. (don't even gun on me about that I already feel sorry for myself ) :P

Congratulations, you fail at life. Game Theory is an important and widely used concept in the social sciences, and because it requires pretty good math skills it also tends to interest physicists, mathematicians etc. The fact that you think connecting game theory with solitaire only cements your status as an internationally recognized idiot.

Using the phrase "you fail at life" makes you an immature retard.

What? No one wanted to buy your pitch for Pizza Hero?

Okay, this isn't really an FML. You are accomplished and do well in life, and your professor has obviously been having some issues. This is more of a YML (Yay My Life).

If he's a petty person he'll think this means he's better than you, but at least you know the difference. You aced the exams, you're probably smarter than he is, it just sucks that you don't have a job in your field now. You could always bare-ass fart on his food :)!

No, it's really not a "Yay My Life." He's working at Pizza Hut.

Learn yourself some grammar. "I met him while X" means the subject is doing X.

Those of you sensing ambiguity in the statement are just being thrown off by the "..." - "Four years and a degree later, I met him again while working at Pizza Hut."

Chicostick 0

I think the fact you were falling asleep helps me understand why you're working at pizza hut. You don't go to classes to get grades, you go to classes to learn. If you're falling asleep all the time, you're not learning. YDI.

If he was falling asleep but still acing the exams, how was he not learning? Many students do well just studying the material and don't benefit as much from lectures.

Yeah, because open response questions and participation grades are so often used in math courses.

Wow, name-calling, the signature of the truly educated and enlightened.

boatkicker 4

#38, my understanding of exams is that they normally include a few short answer questions, and then an essay. If I go by your implication that open response questions gauge knowledge, how would exams not prove any of it? Or perhaps I just go to a strange school that has a different definition of exam than all other colleges.