Whoops

By 8reth72 - 11/06/2009 14:17 - United States

Today, I was helping a couple come up with a name for the baby they just had. I suggested "Joshua" thinking that it was an okay name. All sudden, the room got quiet. Turns out I had forgotten that Joshua was the name of their 3 year-old son who had died a couple months before. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 205
You deserved it 87 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

taylerrr 0

how do you forget something like that?

CyclonePsycho 1

How do you forget something like that? He *just* died a few months ago, you idiot. YDI.

Comments

I blame Joshua for dying and putting you in this awkward situation.

dang_fml 0

Wow you are a horrible person.

wowfmlife 0

#40, Joshua is really common, there were 2 kids in my class last year both named Joshua. To the OP, that stinks but not THAT hard to rebound. Just say "I meant like, as a middle name, in rememberance of his brother...." And 'all sudden'?? GRAMMAR ROCKS!

rosalie8787 0

I say wow to the majority of comments above me. The author might be a maternity ward nurse and it's hard to remember the patients and their life stories since it doesn't seem like they were friends beforehand. As for the author, eh, it happens.

People assume things too much. Where in the FML did the OP say they KNEW EACH OTHER BEFORE? Holy shit, get the sticks out of your damned asses. Damn.

You must go to a monastery or convent and take a vow of silence. You are not worthy of friendship and you should shut the **** up forever. Please leave society.

NickelPhosphate 0

Wow...YDI for forgetting something like that.

I agree with #45, #46. Wow #49... overreact much?

#47/SeventhFonons The OP said FORGOT, which implies that they KNEW about the older child's death. That would also imply to me that he/she knew the parents. Also how many people let strangers help name their children? I would think with the terms help to name and forgot about the death, the OP did in fact know the parents and probably close to them. But, again that is just me.