What the hell, guys?

By disgruntled - 26/03/2019 18:00

Today, I was passed over for a team lead role at work which went to my older male coworker instead. He repeatedly said that he only wanted the position for the money and didn’t care about leading. When I asked why he was offered the role over me, they said he had more leadership experience. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 024
You deserved it 271

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe your thirst for power was a factory against you. Also, your writing sucks, so there’s another strike against you.

I think she realizes why he got the job, but is upset because he doesn’t care about leading.

Comments

Maybe your thirst for power was a factory against you. Also, your writing sucks, so there’s another strike against you.

ozie_bear 6

Hmmm. “Older male colleague” - I take means your are female? Sounds like sour grapes to me. Or an SJW entitlement complex. Maybe, just maybe he was genuinely more qualified than you. Grow up and be happy for him. Resentment is never pretty.

I think she realizes why he got the job, but is upset because he doesn’t care about leading.

What makes you think you were entitled to the promotion over the older guy? Does the fact that he is a dude have some relevence to your complaint or are you just a feminist? The powers that be have the deciding vote for the promotion, they can promote who they want.

Been there. Find a new company. Yours doesn't appreciate you.

PenguinPal3017 19

I was given the team lead role over older more experienced people, but at my company there is no extra salary for being a team lead. It might help you bargain for a higher salary, but nothing is guaranteed.

You can’t do much to change the situation, but make him do the job. Don’t lead for him and don’t let him escape his responsibilities.

Experience is one of the most valued traits for any position. Don't expect this to ever change.