What do I do?

By ouch - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Charlottetown

Today, I thought maybe I should go to my doctor because my hips crack every time I take a step. But she's also my recently ex-boyfriend's mom, so I have to choose between being in constant pain or having my doctor poke at my hips while asking me why I'm no longer dating her son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 988
You deserved it 6 346

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aly_pinay22 8

The answer is simple...get another doctor!

There's not another doctor in your town?

Comments

That's unprofessional as ****. Report her, get a new doctor, and count your blessings that you got out of the relationship.

Now, now, lets not be hasty.....why would she report her if nothing has happened yet? I agree with you that such an action would be unprofessional but also keep in mind that this woman is a mother...and then a doc....the first takes top billing over all others but a good doctor knows the boundaries of her profession, specifically those that should not be crossed because it could cost them their livelihood.

I stand corrected. IF that were to happen, she should report the doc. Hasty reading led me to believe this had already happened. However, in a profession as such, you need to be a doctor first, and then a mother, sister, friend, etc. That's why there are expectations to not practice medicine on people you have a relationship with.

Surely she's more professional than that if she's a doctor?

skyeyez9 24

I have the same thing. The right hip socket has burstitis, the left is because the ligaments are constantly sliding over the joint, making the loud popping sound. It doesn't hurt all the time though. OP, go to the doctor! Put your pride aside and look after your health.

Either go to another doctor or suck it the hell up and go see her.

caysters 12

If she bugs you, tell her you feel that it is an in appropriate topic and you do not want to talk about anything other than your medical issues. If she doesn't listen and keeps pushing, then ask for a new doctor. You do not have to stay with a doctor if they make you uncomfortable.

A good, ethical doctor would not ask such personal questions......even if you dated her son.

Who would you rather poke around your hips, the mother or the son?