What do I do?

By ouch - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - Canada - Charlottetown

Today, I thought maybe I should go to my doctor because my hips crack every time I take a step. But she's also my recently ex-boyfriend's mom, so I have to choose between being in constant pain or having my doctor poke at my hips while asking me why I'm no longer dating her son. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 989
You deserved it 6 346

Same thing different taste

Top comments

aly_pinay22 8

The answer is simple...get another doctor!

There's not another doctor in your town?

Comments

Why don't you just get yourself another doctor and save yourself the trouble?

catkat1988 17

You need to see a doctor. Don't let a previous relationship compromise your health! But really, if you're not comfortable with your current GP - for any reason at all - request a new one. It's that simple.

oh dear, did my son do this? ...he used to like barney! :,(

What you really need is a chiropractor.

caysters 12

Unless you are a doctor, you need not say she needs a different medical professional. You don't know what her issue with her hip is, and therefore, should not give medical advice.

conholio33 28

Time for a new doctor maybe??

if shes a professional doctor, she wont even bring it up.

xxxviii 5

It sounds like that "free healthcare " you guys get limits the ability to pick and choose your own Dr....Hmmm and tell me again WHY we want this in the US? Not to mention the cost of our free health care is going to put many of us in the poor house or jail,, Ya the penalty for not paying for the free health care is fines and jail time....YAAAA for US!!

She's not limited to one doctor. She could very easily find another. Get your facts straight before you try to sound smart.

Funny how you don't seem to care about those who are in the poor house or jail because of huge medical bills due to your system. I'm happy about my country's free healthcare, free schooling, not to mention the money the state pays me to go to school. Does it mean we have to pay lots of taxes? Yeah. Does it mean we have many poor people? No, we have very few, much fewer than in the US. Could this system work in the US? Probably not in this form, no. But high taxes and free healthcare aren't a bad thing. I'll gladly pay more in taxes to ensure that everybody has access to medical care and education. I'm from Denmark, btw.

You're an idiot! Health care should be a right- not a luxury! I get to go to whatever doctor I want and it's free every time! Thank goodness I live in country where my government isn't so backward that they don't provide essential services for their citizens- whether they can afford it or not!

Not only are you horribly misinformed and incapable of putting together a good argument, you illustrate this with "YAAAAAAAAA". What an idiot.

Olineo I want what you have! I want my two daughters, Erika, 3 and Shyanne, 7 months, brought up with a system like that then our cluster **** in the states. Just have to figure out how to move our business which is a pawn shop, then find a home. I'd love for them to do public education, but not in this county. Besides, my medical issues would taken serious instead of dragged out to make as much possible money off of my pain, surgeries, and procedures that could help me be the mom to my kids that I used to be able to be, and their lives would be so much better. I want out! I'm terrified to send my girls to school and will have to do online schooling. I want that mainly for my kids who are the most amazing gift God and my husband gave to me.

xxxviii 5

What many of you seem to fail to realize is that the quality of many but perhaps not all of the health care that is given for "free" by many countries is substandard. They will treat you when they decide, how they decide and where they decide. Many (but not all) countries provide substandard meds and treatments that are administered by unmotivated,under paid and over worked staff. In this country,Obama's notion of "free" healthcare is one of sickness. It means that we pay a certain amount that is decided by the government in order to ensure we can get their version of healthcare. Their dr's at their leisure. If you fail to pay said amount for your "free " healthcare, you can be fined and jailed. I would rather provide health insurance for myself and my family. If that makes me a bad person and wrong,,,well then I am a bad person and am wrong.....

How is this story even on here? Get another doctor. Stop being ridiculous.

If push comes to shove invest in a new dr. Otherwise just, a. Scream in fake pain (if your willing to be subject to more tests) - b. take a deep breath every time she asks, and let it out, instead of explaining, or C. Remind her she should be professional and could get in shit for medical malpractice if she doesn't focus on you as a patient not you as her son's ex.