Unreasonable

By Anonymous - 17/02/2021 20:01

Today, I had to choose between being in excruciating pain and having a happy significant other by doing housework, or resting my sprained ankle and having my significant other pissed off at me because she thinks I’m milking it. She went to bed two hours ago and I can barely move it. Guess which I chose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 766
You deserved it 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if a significant other ever says you're milking it time to find a new significant other it's just rude and unsympathetic, not to mention falls into controlive behaviour. if you're injured then you need to rest tell your other that exactly and if they get pissy about it tell them to pack the shit.

coius 23

Split the difference and something you can do sitting down. Like paying bills, or choose something that requires little lower body movement. Dusting, cleaning a counter, etc. might want to get a crutch or crutches at a thrift store. You can also rent them at pharmacies.

Comments

if a significant other ever says you're milking it time to find a new significant other it's just rude and unsympathetic, not to mention falls into controlive behaviour. if you're injured then you need to rest tell your other that exactly and if they get pissy about it tell them to pack the shit.

coius 23

Split the difference and something you can do sitting down. Like paying bills, or choose something that requires little lower body movement. Dusting, cleaning a counter, etc. might want to get a crutch or crutches at a thrift store. You can also rent them at pharmacies.

OP shouldn't have to do anything while they're recovering from a serious injury. Her SO should want to do everything she can to help.

coius 23

As a person who deals daily with massive pain due to a broken back, I’m sure he can find something light work to do. I manage to get at least one or two low effort done every day, and my pain is crippling (nerve damage and bone on bone due to discs missing and degraded). But it’s not like he can’t pick up a phone or do online shopping for essentials which provides low physical effort chores. Anyone can order toilet paper off amazon if they are low, or get items needed in anticipation for the summer like shears/etc to maintain the property. He should get crutches at minimum. Stirring soup in a pot is easy to make lunch. Hell, I cook almost every day despite excruciating pain if I am standing for more than 5 minutes, and many times I also load/unload a dishwasher or the laundry machines as well.

I'm guessing you chose the stupid option. You should milk that shit for all its worth. It's the silver lining for illness and injury.

A sprain hurts worse than a break. Let her huff and puff

coius 23

Break your femur or collar bone. Trust me, some breaks are worse. And I have a twisted ankle permanently aiming left on my left foot on the same leg I broke my femur. Both hurt to this day, but the femur hurts worse.

Your SO is an emotionally manipulative ****, not to mention selfish. Kick her out with your uninjured foot.

mccuish 25

I’d rather rest a sprained ankle and let my partner yell

xxlk4xx 6

I can't imagine getting mad at my husband for not doing something that will cause his injuries to hurt more! if anything id tell him to sit tf down and rest!

Well if your done cleaning and still in excruciating pain, suck up the pain a bit longer, grab a couple beers, maybe rool a joint if you can, grab some chips or a snack and relax, let the bitch sleep and have some you time