Well duh…

By Anonymous - 13/01/2019 00:00

Today, I was fired from my babysitting job because the baby’s first word was my name. Well, I’m sorry, but if you ask me to look after your child 14 hours a day, 6 days a week, and by the time you pick them up they’re already asleep, of course they’re going to know my name better than yours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 163
You deserved it 183

Same thing different taste

Top comments

manb91uk 22

Anonymous is a pretty impressive first word for a baby! Sucks about the job though...

I feel bad for the baby. Now he/she will be stuck getting use to another person until this happens again.

Comments

How the **** would the baby know your name? Do you sit with it all day saying your name over and over?

joey2013 3

what the baby gonna call her bitch. momma.. .. use common sense maybe she has other ppl live there n they call her name...

Gofuckyourself 24

HAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHA I'm so dead!!! This has gotta be the funniest thing I've read all day LOL

if you don't know anything about child development don't comment!

Gofuckyourself 24

Wow, calm down lol, you gotta stop taking things on the internet so seriously. I know a lot and I mean a lot about child development but I also know a lot about having a good sense of humor. So does the original commenter on this thread.

Have you considered that the babysitter's name might be "Waaah"? People name their kids all sorts of weird shit these days.

She probably does. I've heard people talk to babies saying shit like "Now Casey is going to watch a movie with you. Casey is going to put you to bed. Go asleep for Casey. Good baby" a lot of people talk to babies in the third person so they start speaking that way.

PenguinPal3017 19

I never thought about it, but I did this too. I spent a lot of time with my friend's baby, and I have videos of me referring to myself in third person. When she was learning to walk I'd hold out my arms and say "Come to Alex."

Could very well be more than one kid and the other kid calls OP by their name all the time.

manb91uk 22

Anonymous is a pretty impressive first word for a baby! Sucks about the job though...

I feel bad for the baby. Now he/she will be stuck getting use to another person until this happens again.

My thoughts exactly. So long as the parent(s) have that schedule, this will happen with every babysitter or nanny. At this point, that kid might even feel like it was taken from its parent, since almost every last one of its waking hours was spent with OP.

The babysitter is doing everything right. Up to 2/3 years children will not know what you mean when saying "I", "me" etc. But they recognize names (and mommy, daddy and so on). Instinctively parents and other caretakers will speak in the third person with a child "Come to mommy...daddy will change your diaper...Casey will give you a bottle". So the mother is too damn stupid. The babysitter/nanny here is doing a good job talking to the child a lot.

This made its way over to IFummy as a meme. Good job!

VenomMouth 2

Well good luck to them finding a new one, maybe they can learn how to be parents

A baby's first word is usually just a shorthand for 'person who feeds me'. It's why my mom got called 'num-nums' by all my siblings until they could figure out what people were. On the other hand, if that's the baby's first word, you did good.