Welcome home!

By Still Waiting - 16/08/2016 18:54 - United States - Wenatchee

Today, I had an appointment. After 2 hours of waiting in the sun, my mom finally picked me up and lectured me on how irresponsible my dad was for not communicating with her. Not 5 minutes after I got home, my dad showed up and gave me the same exact lecture about my mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 875
You deserved it 1 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One_In_Three 24

Give them both a lecture about wasting your time with lectures.

FML_HelloItsMe 15

FYL OP.Rebook the appointment now and this time book a taxi if possible.

Comments

My parents had the same problem too, terrible communication, it's the biggest reason they divorced. If your parents are not going to be adults and initiate communication, show them what good communication is. You should sit them both down together and tell them to tell each other exactly what they've been lecturing you about. Also discuss with them how this is effecting you, because they can't communicate correctly, they left their own daughter stranded for 2hrs in the hot sun, that's unacceptable. Venting to you isn't right, it puts you in the middle, they are being selfish. Seriously though, bitching to someone else, your own child no less, that another person isn't communicating with you properly, is incredibly hypocritical. How is the other person supposed to know you don't like how they communicate with you, if you never communicate this to them?

Hope your parents made up and ended up actually communicating with each other! On the other hand, did you make it to your appointment?

Wow op! That's my life right there! Seriously I understand you more than ever! Just hang in there, we'll get through this together.

Pretty selfish and oblivious to vent to you about how the pick-up was all messed up, considering YOU WERE THE ONE THEY FORGOT

MashaV 6

I hate when my parents complain to me about each other. Puts me in a very precarious position.

I know how you feel, only with 2 recently divorced parents

Your parents sound like mine. They have terrible communication skills and frequently texted me the exact same thing at the same time.