We meet again

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2012 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, my daughter brought her new boyfriend over for dinner. I realize now why she said we would get along great… we graduated high school together. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 731
You deserved it 3 754

Comments

cooLING 0

Just let her know that you feel uncomfortable with the situation and why. You can't make her stop seeing him but at least you can diffuse future arguments.

Out of all these comments your s was the best

GoW_Chick 14

Random but you made me think of a puppy so I gave you a thumbs up just for that :)

xShannonxSammyx 7

On the bright side, relationships like that never last long-term.

xxJonaKillsxx 8

Unless he's rich...in that case, she'll make it work...

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#18 - How the hell would you know? You don't know how old the daughter is, how long they've been dating, or how happy they are together. Am I the only one who believes the father should be neutral toward this slightly unusual relationship? Of course, if it begins to become abusive or puts the daughter in harm, then that's when the father is allowed to interfere. If this is legal (due to age), the father should not be concerned, even if the boyfriend and father did go to school together.

GoW_Chick 14

^ I get what you're saying but the father may still see her as his little girl so you could kind of understand why he's a little upset

ArielTheMermaid 17

Well OP said NEW boyfriends so I assume they haven't been dating for very long....just saying

ArielTheMermaid 17

Well OP said NEW boyfriends so I assume they haven't been dating for very long....just saying

Pedo bear much? Was he that desperate in high school?

omfg_creepers 8

"Haha small world!" *Awkward face*

well age difference in a couple doesnt change anything much as long as both people are major... but it IS awkward when this happens. FYL OP :x

blackstar994 5

OP is a guy. Just making sure you don't think it's a girl.

xXxIracebethxXx 14

#109 - Heard of bisexual people before? He would still be able to date him if that were so. Such ignorance...

cooLING 0

Listen, it's cool to look at both sides but the father is more than likely not bisexual in this case. The fact that he's so uptight about this leads one to believe that he would be uptight about other things as well.

Dude bros before hoes! Don't **** block the man!

xShannonxSammyx 7

I don't think OP thinks of his daughter as a 'hoe'...

in addition to #40, I'm pretty sure the dads first concern isnt worrying about the fact he's potentionally **** blocking.

Family before Bro-Code or Bro-Code before family? Ah, yes, the age-old question, plaguing the minds of philosophers and frat boys alike.

blackstar994 5

Okay you people seriously need to learn how to take a joke.