We feel for you, bruh

By Anonymous - 22/01/2021 00:31 - India - Bangalore

Today, I realised that I wasted my teenage life just to be a parent pleaser. I'm in the final months of high school and while everyone is enjoying the last days, I'm sat here being a "good" son, listening to my parents argue, maybe divorcing. I'm in tears and can't go out as I'm not invited to anything anymore. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 282
You deserved it 179

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jfigley 5

I can understand how you feel, but there's so much more to the picture. You can have some great memories from high school, but when you go off to college you will be building into the person YOU want to be! You are still young, so strive for what you want and you can have a lot of fun along the way.

Careful, careful. Don't make their tragedy all about you. You haven't wasted anything. You'll be glad later to know and understand so many essential things about people.

Comments

Careful, careful. Don't make their tragedy all about you. You haven't wasted anything. You'll be glad later to know and understand so many essential things about people.

**** them parents that's not a tragedy this kid is the victim of their shitty parenting job

It’s definitely not a waste to learn your subjects and do well in school. It is a waste to coast through school and wind up unprepared for college or a job or career. Your more social schoolmates will be the ones who wasted their time in high school. School is preparing for the future. Don’t prepare and you have a poor future.

jfigley 5

I can understand how you feel, but there's so much more to the picture. You can have some great memories from high school, but when you go off to college you will be building into the person YOU want to be! You are still young, so strive for what you want and you can have a lot of fun along the way.

Dude, high school is the time when you build yourself into who you want to be, and college is the time when you go clubbing with your friends, dressed as an anime schoolgirl. You're doing it the right way!

It_gets_better 19

It's alright OP, you're still young (and a teenager!) 18-24 seem to be the best years anyway, don't fret over 14-18.

Listen, man- I am sorry for your parents. But as far as your life, you have your whole life ahead of you. Inspiration is never too late. Go enjoy life to your own specifications

xxlk4xx 6

I wish I had just focused on school more instead of chasing a boyfriend who didn't give a crap about me lol, I legit didn't even go to collage because I was afraid he would cheat on me when I was away 🙃 finish school and then go make the life YOU want, and become the person you want to be :) and im sorry about your parents, mind got divorced when I was around 18 and it sucked.

Don't worry. Life really starts after high school and you have a lot ahead of you. You will be fine and not miss anything.