Walked into her trap

By yikes - 18/03/2023 10:00

Today, I learned the VERY hard way that if you’re gonna go onto your neighbor’s property, yell at them for parking on your side of the street, and threaten to call the city on them, then you should probably make sure she doesn’t have pepper spray. FML
I agree, your life sucks 154
You deserved it 1 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are they blocking the drive way or in your assigned parking spot, or are you just threatening someone for parking in an area they're legally able to park?

You own the street then? I doubt it mind your own buisness on where people park then, unless they are breaking the law or blocking your drive then you dont own the road and have no right what so ever KAREN.

Comments

Are they blocking the drive way or in your assigned parking spot, or are you just threatening someone for parking in an area they're legally able to park?

@Ghostrui - My guess it's the second possibility.

You own the street then? I doubt it mind your own buisness on where people park then, unless they are breaking the law or blocking your drive then you dont own the road and have no right what so ever KAREN.

OP already licked it and everything, it’s legally theirs now. /s

I noticed you didn't mention anything about her blocking you in or illegally parking in any way. I've seen Karen videos about this very situation, and the driver could legally park on the other side of the street. YDI. I'll bet we see you on YouTube very soon.

So on one hand OP is a dumbass unless she’s illegally parked. Parking in front of someone else’s house is generally not illegal unless it’s left for a long time or a private parking spot. That being said, unless OP was physically aggressive or threatening, using pepper spray is illegal as **** and neighbor woman needs the police involved. It’s the same as the fact if my neighbor is yelling at me over some bullshit reason I can’t punch him in the face for just yelling.

I’d say yelling could be considered threatening, especially if OP is a man that is larger than the woman he yelled at.

it depends on the state. the state I moved to the cops would have asked why I didn't shoot him lol. I've had a cop ask me that same question when i had a weirdo on my property and he was yelling and wouldn't leave. we have stand your ground law here.

Or a gun? Why is your first move yelling and threatening? Shouldn't you politely request first and see if the situation could be resolved amicably? You got off easy with just pepper spray.

Last time I checked, you do NOT own the street in front of your house, and anyone can park there legally. Unless they were blocking your driveway, you have no right to approach them. YDI.

You deserved every ounce of pepper spray you got. it's not your street. unless they're taking assigned parking or blocking your driveway they are allowed to park anywhere they want including right in front of your house. trespassing and being a dick got you what it got you

Vesi 29

Funny enough, I'm having this *exact* same problem with my neighbor, as well. I'm parked legally, not blocking any driveways and well within legal bounds. He keeps demanding I move my vehicle. (I'm not using my driveway as the house renovations are not complete yet so we constantly have work trucks out front.) Thank you for the idea of pepper spray when this moron finally decides to come over here and get aggressive since I blocked him elseways. YDI. The street does NOT belong to you in any way, shape or form unless there is a *marked* parking space specifically for you on the street. Get over yourself.

the street isn't assigned so technically she can park in front of your house whenever she wants. you don't own the street or sidewalk. it's only illegal if she blocked your driveway.