By Anonymous - 25/05/2013 04:50 - United States - Clifton

Today, I locked my keys in my car. Good thing I went to Lowe's to make spares, which are also now locked in the car. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 596
You deserved it 18 324

Same thing different taste

Top comments

wlddog 14

After you eventually get in, zip tie one of the spares someplace no one will see, so this wont happen again. I zip tie spares to the frame under the truck. Works every time.

Comments

wlddog 14

After you eventually get in, zip tie one of the spares someplace no one will see, so this wont happen again. I zip tie spares to the frame under the truck. Works every time.

rg350dx 29

Now I know how to break into your truck and jack that sweet stereo. Thanks a million pal! Also the fuzzy dice are gunna have to go..

chowE_fml 4

I am notorious for leaving my keys in the car. All the locksmiths that I called used the same trick to get my Keys out. So I have since learned to always carry a blood pressure cuff in my purse. 1. Stick the deflated cuff in the side of the door 2. Inflate the cuff until door is opened enough to stick an object in so you can pop the lock.

rg350dx 29

3. Quickly and nervously deactivate car alarm and explain to onlookers dialing the police this is your car and you're totally not trying to steal it.

26- thats my favourite method:) another one i like on a series of AUDM euro cars released in the early to mid 2000's (i wont mention which ones) a small fire lit under the body of the car will unlock the doors as it tricks the ecu into thinking its on fire. I think the easiest car to break into and override the factory alarm would be the VT -VE holden commodore. Breaking into cars is what i do for a job:)

Guess you needed to make spares of you spares of your keys.

He'll probably just lock them in the car again.

SystemofaBlink41 27

OP should Keyp them in their pocket.

If your car is new, the dealer you bought your car from can make a key using your vehicle ID number. Or there is always AAA.

Im going to say ops car is probably not that new. The reason being most new cars are idiot proof. You cant physically push the snip down to lock all the doors when the door is open. Unless your a special kind of person who leaves keys in the boot (trunk)

Depends on how new the car is. I can lock my keys in my 2009 car. All I need to do is 1) open door, 2) push the door lock button while door is open, then after exiting the car 3) close door. Rather easy to do. Of course I carry an extra set of keys in my cooler bag when I'm at work.

*Face palm* OP, normal people make spare keys and leave them somewhere accessible in case something like this happens.

LOL...Sorry OP...I hope you have a membership to AAA. They will get your car unlocked. I hope your day gets better:(

having spares are key! really though, just one of those days when life likes to pound you. sorry OP, i hope you have plenty of back ups now! in various spots...

perdix 29

You should SUE Lowe's for not telling you to place the duplicate keys in locations outside the area secured by the lock. Who else should be responsible for figuring out such a thorny puzzle?

Success4444 12

I work at Lowes. If they sued, my pay would be diminished. Please don't sue, or my dog will starve. She doesn't like Ramen noodles any more than I do.