It's called getting old

By Anonymous - 02/10/2023 22:00 - Germany

Today, like most days recently, and even after 10 hours of sleep, I need at least 3 cups of coffee per day in order be able to… sit on the sofa and, well, not fall asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 537
You deserved it 191

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It can also be a medical problem. I started needing to sit on the couch through the days because I was utterly exhausted; turned out to be Addison’s disease.

Talk to a doctor. If you already did, find one that didn't find their medical degree in their cereal box this morning. This isn't normal.

Comments

Sitting on the sofa all day is exactly what's making you tired, buddy. How is this news to people? Action brings energy, sitting makes you lethargic.

It can also be a medical problem. I started needing to sit on the couch through the days because I was utterly exhausted; turned out to be Addison’s disease.

Talk to a doctor. If you already did, find one that didn't find their medical degree in their cereal box this morning. This isn't normal.

headlock95 3

Sitting on a sofa, doing nothing, is exactly why he’s falling asleep

Is it really so difficult to grasp tbat sometimes sitting on the couch unable to do anything because you don't have the energy can be a symptom and not a cause? Ten hours of sleep and still needing coffee to not sleep even more is why an acquaintance of mine got assessed for narcolepsy.

If you're just sitting on a sofa, why is it important to not fall asleep? Just catch as many Z's as you need.

mechgineer 3

could you have sleep apnea? my brother has the same symptoms and he has it

Sounds like you have sleep apnea. Get a sleep study, it's a super common condition.

I have had this exact same problem. I solved it by doing a cleansing and only drinking water and eating healthy. It turned out the problem was coffee.

This seems firmly in "Actually talk to a doctor about this" territory if it's that severe and disruptive.