Unusual method

By Anonymous - 08/06/2009 13:49 - United States

Today, my friend was having a party. It was going good until I got the hiccups really bad, and they wouldn't go away. My friend decided to scare them away by shooting a pellet gun right next to my head. Bad news: It blew out my eardrum. I still have the hiccups. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 907
You deserved it 5 160

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Goood GOSH, are you okay? Is your EAR going to be okay?

notnormal 0

#123, you took the words right out of my mouth. Oh, these rednecks. Who uses a gun to clear hiccups? Oh, and scaring hiccups away doesn't work. Hold your nose and breath, and swallow three times, or until it gets nearly impossible. If you hiccup within that time period (if you're doing it right, you won't), start over. I swear to god this works.

LSeb 0

Hiccups don't last that long, unless the first thing you thought of was to post on here after going deaf in one ear, which I doubt. Probably fake.

This is bull. You would have to shoot someone in the ear with a pellet gun to burst their ear drum. They aren't loud enough to do it on their own.

Loudness doesn't blow out eardrums, genius. It's air pressure. Since pellet guns operate by blasting air down the mussle of the gun, the air pressure could very well have blown out his ear drum (And you thought biology would never come in handy). And, there might not have been a pellet inside the gun, did you think of that? It also takes quite a bit of creativity to think of an FML like this, which the OP obviously doesn't have considering the lack of adjectives and incorrect grammar, I really don't think it's fake. Even if it is fake, I think that it deserved to get in because like I said before, it's pretty funny.

CAN YOU HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

lmaoo ! next time try a table spoon of peanut butter. it works.

impossible to "blow out" your eardrum with a pellet gun.... nor are they even loud enough nor do they create enough preasure to hurt your ears... i call bullsh!t on this one.... i am in the millitary and have had explosions and numerous rounds fired next to my head... from automatic weapons... it hurts, but i has never blown my ear drum

its very common for the sound of a gun to blow out an eardrum

Mark_Aracle 0

@#134 I may not be in the military, but I've had damage done to my eardrum by a balloon popping a foot away. It all depends on the distance, direction and force of the blast. My eardrum was damaged by something no louder than a person yelling simply because, by chance, it had the right angle and distance to force air in faster than it could come out for just a fraction of a second too long. If the OP's "friend" fired with an empty chamber directly at the OP's ear it could quite easily have torn through the tympanic membrane, which, by the way, is about as strong as a single sheet of tissue paper. Blowing hard enough with one's breath can tear it, let alone the relatively massive force applied by a pellet gun's firing mechanism. I know this is a little bit of a late comment (by about a year), but to anybody reading this, I don't give a damn.

same here i say its BS im a mortarman and we shoot so many rounds and i dont wear ear pro and im fine

Dr3amers0ftenLie 0

hold your breath for 10 seconds, then breathe slowly and shallowly a few times. they'll go away.