Unreasonable

By Anonymous - 13/06/2021 21:59 - Australia - Epping

Today, my disability job agent, who's supposed to help me find work that fits my limitations, told me to immediately withdraw from a job offer that suited me, because it didn't meet her "benchmark". She then told me that she would decide what's "appropriate" for me, and if I don't comply, my support will be revoked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 170
You deserved it 84

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Does she have a "manager" you could turn to?

I'm confused by her motivations. Is she worried that you're applying for a garbage job and she wants to get her people into better jobs, or is she worried you'll get rejected and it will hurt some productivity metric she's judged by?

Comments

sounds like she's on a power trip. sucks that your life is in her hands. good for you for trying to get back into the work force. good luck.

Does she have a "manager" you could turn to?

I'm confused by her motivations. Is she worried that you're applying for a garbage job and she wants to get her people into better jobs, or is she worried you'll get rejected and it will hurt some productivity metric she's judged by?

really_meow 7

Fire her and get a new agent

GoogieWithers 22

If you accept the job offer, will you still need her?

if he gets n then loses the job, he won't have benefits anymore to fall back on.

GoogieWithers 22

Thank you for explaining it.

Hi OP! I hope you read these comments. As an Australian I assume you're in the disability stream of jobseeker, I have experience in this area! You have several options here, one to talk to your job agents manager and request to be moved to another case manager. You have that right! If you don't want to do that, you can actually move providers quite easily. If you go to the 'find a provider' section of the job access website you can find providers in your area, and it can be as simple as calling one of them up and requesting to move providers to them. You don't have to contact your old provider at any point, they'll take care of that for you! Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions, I've spent a long time dealing with these people.

Hey anon, you can change providers very easily. I used to be a disability consultant for one of the services in epping myself and I’m pretty sure you’re with the same one based on what you’re saying (they’re all about profits and don’t care for you at all). Feel free to message me!