Under new management

By NotAThief - 17/07/2017 20:00

Today, I got a talking-to at work from my new manager for eating other peoples' lunches. Immediately afterwards, I watched my manager leave the room, take MY lunch, and begin eating it. Apparently my new manager is the thief, and I'm now the office pariah who gets the blame. Nobody believes me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 189
You deserved it 310

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Crush some laxatives in YOUR food and leave a note not to eat it. It's not your fault if someone spends the day on the loo as you did warn them.....

Don't use any sort of laxative in your food- it can get you charged with poisoning someone. You can however put something that is spicy, but not spicy enough to cause medical issues on your "food" and bring a spare lunch to actually eat. Alternatively, set up a camera in the fridge area and get him on film, and use a dummy email account to forward it to everyone at work. Make sure to include yourself.

Comments

Crush some laxatives in YOUR food and leave a note not to eat it. It's not your fault if someone spends the day on the loo as you did warn them.....

Don't use any sort of laxative in your food- it can get you charged with poisoning someone. You can however put something that is spicy, but not spicy enough to cause medical issues on your "food" and bring a spare lunch to actually eat. Alternatively, set up a camera in the fridge area and get him on film, and use a dummy email account to forward it to everyone at work. Make sure to include yourself.

ok the spicy part, you can,say you enjoy spicy food. it's not your fault he ate your lunch. therefore, if he has a problem with YOUR food...

EnvyMe33 26

Putting laxative in your own food wouldn't be considered poisoning. He could be putting it in his food just to help him go if he's backed up. It wouldn't be his fault if someone stole his food and got the ***** the process.

How can you be charged with poisioning someone if you put it in your own food. You aren't liable for the well being of thefts.

I said not to use laxatives because there was a case like this where someone used the laxative idea, the lunch thief sued them for it, and the thief won. Meaning there is a precedent set.

Start leaving the office at lunch and make sure people see you leave

There’s really only one course of action left for you: start eating everyone else’s lunch. You’re doing the time, you might as well do the crime.

Whispra 5

Time to break out the cell phone camera

Zachary8261 28

Do you have an HR Department? Bring it up with them if so.

cliff333 5

This is the stuff that creates violence in the workplace. Report your manager immediately.

Lobby_Bee 17

Simple solution, get one of those lockable lunch boxes.

fde2blknimout 18

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway