Turn of phrase

By Anonymous - 07/03/2015 16:59 - Australia - Boya

Today, my son was at a birthday party. After eating a plate of cake, he loudly asked the birthday boy's mum if he could have sloppy seconds. I don't know where he heard that phrase, but the other kids' parents shot me very dirty looks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 014
You deserved it 3 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Has he watched the parent trap? I'm almost 100% sure that phrase is in there during the sloppy joe scene

Comments

Do they have an older sibling? Older siblings teach you all the important stuff at that age, like how to flip people off. maybe a kid in class has an older sibling, maybe they learned it from them. Maybe an older cousin. Any way older family members are where they learn the good stuff.

Is he an only child? If not there's your answer. If so then he probably heard it at school.

Aww that is the parents' dirty minds twisting it. What person wouldn't have found it funny and cute!

gintwinsmoore 20

there's no telling where he heard that from. kids are exposed to more conversations than one will ever know. they're very impressionable which is why we as parents should watch what and who they're exposed to.

randomheartthrob 7

Kids say the darrnest things

The boy's got game! Did he also get a second piece of cake?

The older Marvel comics used to use the phrase a lot as just a synonym for "seconds." It's possible that's where he got it from.

Denny1988 19

Chris Brown and Rhianna, cake cake cake cake cake cake cake

judging you for something a young child says isn't right. But also now might be the time to reach how to act in public. I'm not judging my mom still has to remind me I'm in public at 32 lol!