Trustworthy

By anonymous - 18/03/2013 09:17 - United States - Torrance

Today, I was over at a friend's house feeding her cats while she was on vacation. After feeding the four of them, I found an extra cat under the sofa. Thinking it was an intruding stray, I kicked it out. She actually has 5 cats. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 862
You deserved it 57 536

Same thing different taste

Top comments

After seeing four, you immediately think the fifth is a stray? What?

Comments

OP you are an idiot, you better hope the cat is chipped.

How could anyone have voted FHL? OP, you deserved it. You should have double checked how many cats she has, and how could you not know that if she was your friend? Just sayin'. Now go find that cat!

dr_snow_bear 29

I hope your cover story is better than this. Even saying the cat ran out the door before you could stop it is nicer than saying you threw a pet out onto the street. You could try leaving food by the door, and hope it comes back that way.

Or its litter box. The smell of its *ahem* leavings will help the cat identify and find its home if it's lost.

Why would you kick it out before checking with your friend??

Friend could be on a vacation where it is not easy to reach her, like a cruise. IMO, both are at fault. Op should have checked with someone first or separated the cat from the rest until it could be verified if the cat was a stray or not and op's friend should have been a bit more specific then feed my cats while I'm gone. If someone is caring for my pets while I'm away, I leave a paper with each pet's name and any oddities that they need to look out for, such as one of my dogs not liking to come inside after using the bathroom when I am gone. If possible, I bring them over before I leave and go over this in person too, usually treating them to a dinner as a pre thank you for doing me the favor.

The four other cats are probably thinking "what a stupid human"

I get the feeling my cats think that a lot.

The other cats are like "Did that bitch just kick Steve out?"

To be fair to the OP if I owned 5 cats, I'd probably have a cat flap for them, so the fifth one could well get back in. A lot of the houses in my area have cat flaps whether or not the residents own a cat, they're just on the doors or whatever. Maybe the OP knew there was a cat flap and thought a cat could have gotten into the house that way? And I think stray might have been the wrong word to use, and OP meant "cat that was not my friend's". You'd have to be ridiculously unaware if you can't tell a stray from a house cat, so maybe the OP thought that it was another local house cat that had gotten in. I just don't get how the OP didn't know how many cats their friend had. Surely that's something you pick up on when you go to their house or whatever?

If it was a stray, chances are that the other four cats would have let you know. Cats are pretty territorial and protective of each other and their homes. I sincerely hope you get that cat back soon and safely. I fear they may be inside only cats.

OP- How in the world did you decide which cat was # 5 and therefore the stray? Your story smells like old kitty litter! You'd be better off confessing that you randomly kicked out one of your friend's cats because you felt like it and to never ever cat sit again!

HeadlessSparrow 20

It's either that that one cat is good at hide n seek when you're at the friends house or you don't know your friend well enough to know that they have 5 cats. YDI

maybe the fifth was a recent addition to the family and ops friend forgot to mention it