True Love Waits

By anonomus - 01/06/2010 01:35 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I had sex for the first time because we pledged we wouldn't have sex until we were married. He's terrible. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 620
You deserved it 70 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

robinsn 0

Most people are their first time.

bobsanction 18

I doubt you know what good sex is.

Comments

I always said that this stuff of having sex after getting married is an excuse created by those lame in bad and with a small penis to trick someone and get a wife!

lol you always play the field. that fairy tale shit doesnt exist you goof

sourgirl101 28

Haha. He tricked you. He already knew he sucked. That's why he agreed to that deal:) I'm kidding. It sometimes takes a few times to learn about one another's bodies. Hey, you love him enough to wait and marry him so now it's time to experiment with your bodies. Good luck, I'm sure it will get better.

and also, waiting until you get married to have sex should be for romantic purposes, nothing to do with "morals". these so-called "morals" are imposed by very strict christians, a lot of whom wouldn't think twice about hitting their children to instil some discipline. that doesn't seem moral to me. i have never believe in sex-only-after-marriage, but i've only lost my virginity last year and i'm 20, and it was to my boyfriend, after 4 months, with whom i'm still together and have never been happier. :) we destroyed any chance of awkwardness early on (after being good friends for some years) and now we realise we match perfectly in every way. no-sex-before-marriage is only a valid rule for immature people who don't know what a condom is.

Shut up ****. Do you take offense to that term? Your stereotype is just as bad as that one. Many people who choose to wait, and do so for other than romantic reasons, aren't even Christians, and it's just plain ridiculous to assume all religious people are hypocrites who beat their children. I waited and it had NOTHING to do with not wanting kids. Obviously you aren't a ****, but damn, your ignorance is showing.

My parents are Christians and are definitely trying to impose the "no sex before marriage" rule on me simply because they believe it's a sin to have pre-marital sex. Waiting until marriage really isn't for me. I have no problem with other people waiting to have sex until marriage, but I do have a problem with people who try to force their values upon others and condemn others to hell if they don't adhere to those values.

i totally agree! both me and my boyfriend have religious mothers who believe in no-sex-before-marriage, but they don't impose it onto us; both of them say, it's up to you to decide what you believe and want to do. because at the end of the day, married or not, it doesn't necessarily mean you're ready to have sex, or that you love your partner. love is more pure without all the paperwork, expenses on the procedure, and rings to show society that yes you DO love this person. i'm glad you share some of my views :)

I *don't* consider you a ****. I used that extreme language to point out how unfair generalizations are. Sorry if that wasn't clear; I thought I made it obvious that I was exaggerating. I don't impose my views on others or condemn them for their sex lives. But when people make intolerant statements about ANY faith or lifestyle, it really bothers me. You did both. It's none of my business when, with whom, or how often you have sex. Conversely, however, it's none of YOUR business why people choose to wait. Claiming they only do so out of fear of hell or pregnancy is just as offensive as using terms like ****. Stereotypes are ALWAYS shitty and offensive. THAT was my point. Good for you for waiting till you were ready. If I ever have kids, I'd do exactly as your parents did. I'd also teach them to respect others' choices, and to understand that living differently does not make them better or worse people.

well ok, you have your view, i have mine. i won't change it, but i will say that i am far from ignorant. i'm very well informed of what i talk about, and it's often the knowledge that i have that makes me come to such conclusions, rather than not knowing anything and just assuming. a lot of people i know have waited for sex until they're married - influenced by their beliefs. now, i know that almost all of them are, (or at least, are thinking of) committing adultery. mainly because they were disappointed by the wait, and the fact that they're stuck with someone for the rest of their life, and realised too late that they have no chemistry, and that actually, chemistry to them is important even though at the time they didn't think it was. i can't help being influenced by circumstances like these. if you were in a similar position to me, you'd have very similar views, and it has absolutely nothing to do with being stubbornly ignorant or dumb.

I told myself I'd drop this, but I have one more point. One person's experience is always limited. It doesn't matter if you know 2 or 200 people you can use as 'proof.' Here's an example: Say I knew lots of 'bisexual' girls who had histories of attention-whoring behaviors before coming out. And say I knew for a fact that their bisexual behaviors only went as far as kissing girls in crowded clubs to look sexy for the drunk men around them. Does that make me "very well-informed" and justified in saying that most bisexual young women are only looking for attention? No! That's ridiculous. Just because the hypothetical me didn't personally know any genuinely bisexual young women doesn't mean they don't exist. It doesn't even mean that MOST bisexual girls universally are faking it. In short, you can't take your experience as the whole and universal truth.

i didn't take my experience as the universal truth. i made a statement. if other people's justified opinions bother you so much, let it go. and please stop blowing my comment out of proportion. you have your view, i have mine, drop it. and if exaggerating things offends you so much, please don't do the same then, and call someone a **** just coz you feel you can. end of.

mlink1 0

"Today, my husband and I had sex for the first time..." there is no together. it says FIRST TIME. That MOST LIKELY means they were virgins idiots. It CAN mean together, but it does not seem that way. So stop all this crap telling everyone that they can't read, when you are the retards.

asherdash141 0
Elksy 0

It's not specified which of them wanted to wait until marriage. If it was the husband, then it's probably his first time, so it makes sense that he's terrible. If it was the wife, she must have realized there was a risk. Either way, it's not really an FML in my opinion.

Unless you also pledged to have sex for the sole purpose of procreation. YDI for waiting until marriage. Gotta test drive the car before you take it home.

Fortunately for people, we're not cars that people drive until they get worn out or crippled and then ditched into a junk yard.

Maybe you should read the first half of my comment too

it will get better with practice, you can't expect him to know what he's doing the first time. keep trying and expiramenting, you'll end up finding out what each other likes and will have a wonderful sex life!

If the OP was a virgin...I gave it to my first bf after several months (we were friends first) and I knew it would be bad going in, since it's generally painful getting your cherry popped. He'd done it before, but only with one girl who was apparently kind of unattractive/flabby and so he didn't really have any "real" experience. Over time (a year and a half now) it has gotten SO much better, and we have a great sex life. Doesn't mean we'll get married though! That remains to be seen. Anyway, what's great about both partners being inexperienced is that you get to "customize" them as you go! ;D

when i started reading your comment i thought i'd written it XD it's exactly perfectly the same as my situation down the last detail! it's strange reading your situation from a stranger's perspective and find it's the same for them... sorry this is so random, it was just quite nice tor read the same thing :)

Lol, so if she's fat and ugly it doesn't count?