Trans women are women

By whoops - 03/10/2020 05:06

Today, my son brought his new girlfriend home. I took him aside and hugged him, reassuring him that I loved and accepted him no matter his sexual preference. He looked at me confused and asked what I meant. His girl was obviously trans, but he had no idea. I didn’t know he didn’t know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 882
You deserved it 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hi. First of all, well done for being accepting and supportive of your son. Some of us are still a little old fashioned but we do try. I wish everyone had parents like that. I am a straight guy but I am currently falling for and starting to date a trans girl. It was quite a shock initially because I have never been attracted to anything other than a naturally born woman. I really questioned my sexuality but then I realized: She is a woman and the fact that she has a penis is actually quite incidental (and possibly temporary anyway). Sometimes the person is more important than the plumbing. You should Google the Kinsey scale, as an old fashioned guy this gave me quite a bit of perspective. Again, well done on being cool with it. I hope she makes him really Happy.

1. Your son can date a trans woman and be straight. Trans women are women. 2. You should never assume. What if you're wrong and you've now created an unnecessary problem between him and his girlfriend?

Comments

You're still straight if you like trans women. Since, you know...they're women. It's not like 'oh there's women but some women aren't REALLY women', no, trans women are women and so are cis women. He's apparently just a lot more accepting than you.

wrenavery90 12

If his girl is trans then isn't his sexual preference girls? I'm not sure you understand how this works.