Toxic masculinity in a nutshell

By Sad - 08/03/2023 15:00 - United States

Today, I am a grown ass man and I cry when someone is slightly rude to me. I pretend to own my extreme emotional sensitivity, but when push comes to shove, I hate it. I wish I could be more assertive but I just can't. What is wrong with me? FML
I agree, your life sucks 801
You deserved it 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe see a therapist about that? This can stem from something deeper than you realize.

Comments

Google “PseudoBulbar Affect (PBA)” - You may have that.

Maybe see a therapist about that? This can stem from something deeper than you realize.

You need exercise. You need to dig post holes. You need to do physical, manual labor. You need to sweat and cry and get it out and build muscle and quit over douchebagging. Rude people? Screw them! Who cares anyway. But , dude, get out of your head.

First go see a doctor there are many things that can cause emotional responses like that. it could be anything from depression, anxiety, childhood trauma, developmental disability, hell it could even be a malabsorption issue.

there is absolutely nothing shameful about crying when you're upset. And someone being rude to you hurts, man. There's nothing wrong with being a sensitive soul - I'd rather be around a crying man that I know I can comfort and make happy again, instead of being around an angry man that would make me scared.

Doom_Kitty 12

The best advise i can give: see a doc for hormones & depressions and a therapist for psychological care. Some people need to learn how to handle their feeling and there is nothing wrong with it. Good luck :)

Swearing and eating work for me! You should ******' try it.

Nothing pisses me off worse than breaking into tears because I'm pissed off. Nothing.