By Anonymous - 18/08/2010 10:31 - United Kingdom

Today, whilst I was working in McDonald's, a customer threw their Quarterpounder at me because it had pickles and he said he didn't want any pickles in his burger. I didn't even serve him. I'd just started my shift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 543
You deserved it 4 629

T552 tells us more.

I'm actually the OP of this post (I created this account recently so I can reply) I am overqualified. I have 11 GCSE's, 3 A-levels one AS level and I'm on my way to Uni to get my honours. I only work there part time to earn some money on the side so I can pay for living expenses when I go to Uni. So to all the people who seriously thought that I work there full time, you're wrong. And to all the people who said the guy was fat, no. The customer wasn't fat XD He was a skinny guy with a horrible attitude. He even demanded that I apologise to him for getting his order wrong, even though I didn't even serve him. My managers sorted him out.

Top comments

I really don't know what customers who do things like that are thinking. Even if you HAD been the one to mess up the order, it's just something trivial-- Plus, OP is likely not paid very much. Harassing people in minimum-wage jobs is ridiculous.

Comments

Brittney_E 0

Op ydi for working at Mcdonalds and not hookin me up. You bitch!!!

FYL but can I haz free Big Mac? it coulda been worse, he coulda raped you

at the most, you can tell him nicely and say that it's rude to throw anything back to you. We all have our own rights just as customer have their rights. And the customer should know the server's face! Or take it in your stride as this is the shit we often get in the service line

round of cheeseburgers for everyone on op tonight :D

it's funny because a fat guy threw a burger at you which you didn't make.

Palmless 0

Shouldn't it be, "while?" Blah. I feel like a Grammar Nazi.

the person is from London. they speak "true" English.

FYL for getting a burger thrown at you. FYL for thinking getting burger thrown at you is bad. YDI for working at McDonalds and not giving me free food.

ur on FML at it job?!?! ......FYL but as others said, it coulda been worse!

Palmless 0

Dаmn them and their true English.

avafan1224 0

I laughed out loud to 65. Not because of the comment, but because of the irony in the name. FreshPie with an opinion on McDonalds: where the pie is not fresh at all.

65: Why do you feel the need to write essays on FML?

_TONGAN_ 5

I would of smiled at the customer and then take a bite outta his burger...then throw it back at him!

I call fake. whilst doesn't sound like a word a mcdonalds employee would use. to sound more authentic it should have been styled, "today, I be workn at mcdonalds..."

KiddNYC1O 20

I wouldn't mind if someone threw me a few chicken selects right now

chocolatedrop 0

that sucks op, but micky d's better stop ****** up the orders

it's a free burger that an obese man was angry about cause he didn't want pickles cause they're good for them so he throws it to you and goes to a different mcdonalds to get even more fat then he was before he came to the mcdonalds you work at because nobody listens to him because he's fat and he will get a large pop for himself and take a big long obese person dump which will end up all over the place which they will have to clean up and he'll laugh because it's his poop and he feels happy for himself because he is fat and once the guy is done cleaning it up, he'll go back in there eat another shitload of food then take another obese person dump which will end up all over the place which they have to clean up but this time he has a heart attack because he's fat and dies right there on the toilet so when the guy who goes in there to clean up the poop has to look at a naked fat guy. and he decide to leave him there because he is fat and that he did the mess and that he's so fat that they can't get him out because he's fat. and that's what happens when a fat guy goes to mcdonalds.

FunnyWeasel 7

if the customer wasn't a fat ass, he wouldn't waste food

Palmless 0

What's up with the essays? Pouring your heart out on the FML or what?

mona_is_here 10

83, I LOVEEE your pic!!! I think it just killed me. Whoa :D

Brittney_E 0

100, run on sentences. ftw!! i think this is the FML where everyone puts sexy hamburger 

KylAisAmazingG 0

#89 just because someone works at a fast food resturant doesn't mean they are retarded. it just means they need money and could be in high school... and they could be smarter then you. which is possibly true. it's not all gravy working in a fast food place...try it...it's harder than a lot if places.

yeahhhhhhhh 

mona_is_here 10

110, I don't usually say this kind of thing to people but you're very cute :)

mona_is_here 10

*breaks door down* who are you?! I'm just the person who is going to **** your life up in a second. *chk chk* wait no!! this is my job!! it's what I'm supposed to do!! oh. really i didn't know that, yeah I knew that you ******* retard that's why i'm here. to kill you and blow this place to the ground. wait I have children!! O_O you do? yes. *drags the kids in there and ties them up* your going to watch your children die. no!!!! not them please!!! I can't risk the fact they can take over your job. *BOOM* *BOOM* NO!!!!!!! *crying* stop crying. I got your wife too. please stop!!! don't kill her!!!!! *BOOM* WHY?!??!?!!?!? don't worry. you'll see them soon. *puts gun up to his head* it's over. *BOOM* *gets a lighter and some gas, pours the gas onto them then light them on fire, watching the place burn down, then walk back home. mission complete.*

mona_is_here 10

124, it seems that you failed at your presumption.

YDI for when working in McDonald's, a customer threw their Quarter Pounder at you because it had pickles and he said he didn't want any pickles in his burger. You didn't even serve him. You just started your shift.

mona_is_here 10

skroal has been posting here for so long that I'm beginning to find him funny...

mona_is_here 10
mona_is_here 10

132, yeah i think I've got my mind back. skroal is still not funny.

Granddragon 0

wait, so #127 you wouldn't have sex with Brittney_E?

Chrisskiies 0

Not so bad Op, I had a customer throw their water bottle filled with water at me, twice. And I work at a Best Buy.

This is what happens when you slack in school, kids.

You should've knocked the fat mess out!! One arrow, right on his triple chin!!

welandedonthemoo 5

yes Mona is too hot, I am glad that she is straight

mona_is_here 10

135, I get that you'd want to see this. 141, thank you! :) 144, who said I'm straight? Lol, I'm just not lesbo.

mona_is_here 10

148, yes, I don't divide by sexes, I just like beautiful people in general. High fiiive! :D

Chrisskiies 0

So many bi girls on this website... Lol

ohthebloodygore 16
mona_is_here 10

And I was just about to say it's our secret place for gatherings... Whatever, I already revealed the secret.

Chrisskiies 0

Precious that's not fair! You're too unbiased! Lol Ima find a way to describe your prefrence watch, lmao. :D

ohthebloodygore 16

I'm pansexual. :P Meaning gender means nothing to me.

Chrisskiies 0

Like I said I'll find a word. =P I'll be asexual, meaning idc much for sex. Lmfao jk ahaha

ohthebloodygore 16
mona_is_here 10

163, I like to call myself pansexual too:)) Because it means attraction to everything beautiful and I don't care about gender either. So yeah :)

ohthebloodygore 16
Chrisskiies 0

Yea, it means one that doesn't care much for sex, or isn't interested in fornicating. I believe Hitler was asexual lol He was just interested in power.

mona_is_here 10
mona_is_here 10

I was asexualiest asexual until puberty hit me like a train:P ah seriously, what's with the comment bug

ohthebloodygore 16

Hah, that's wicked. I've never heard it before. Aren't all people at some point in their life?

gmianosi 0

at least it wasnt a halfapounder :)

asexual is having sex with yourself I think 170 your thinking of prude/frigit I don't think the spelling is right but you get what I'm saying

ohthebloodygore 16

180 - Frigit is when someone chooses not to have sex etc. You're thinking of celibacy. Chris is correct, asexual means someone who just doesn't have that feeling or attraction to anything. Celibacy isn't asexual because that's a behavioural choice and asexuality is not.

ohthebloodygore 16

Unless you're referring to asexual reproduction. But, asexual reproduction is reproduction which does not involve meiosis, ploidy reduction, or fertilisation. Only one parent is involved in asexual reproduction. :/ Which is where I think you got the playing with yourself thing.

MastUrbation U FAIL! Haha fyl op :P And op is prob a teen so they work at mciddies. ;)

Chrisskiies 0

No I know what I meant, by thanks for trying. :)

Brittney_E 0

sexy hamburgers :D  did you see the fries? O.o

tooGee24 0

you should of shoved it down their throat, I hate pickles too but it ain't that serious. I would of just took them out.

well actually he coudnt of raped him dumbass

******* skelator as a profile pic and ******* beasting on every fml with the dopest comments. you are the the best mother ******* person ever. btw i wrote "the" twice so eat it mutha fuckas get at my gangsta level bra

lol 17. rights. i like wht george carlin said on the matter (youtube search "carlin you hav no rights"). " next time someone says "i hav the right to my opinion" say "yeah i hav the right to my opinion and my opinion is that u hav no right to ur opinion" then shoot the fuckker and walk away"

rd_404 0

lol me too. and the Legonut dudes pretty funny

rd_404 0

I was looking for you:] read the fml about the kid allergic to the food. my comment on page 3 :D

QBortega 0

finally somebody is taking a stand!!!! they mess up my order about every other time i go, lmao

victoria4161993 0

just I work at mcdonnalds itself is an fml

bmxx 0
fuck_you_too 0

Or, dumbass, he's getting himself THROUGH college! DUR dadurrr!

Sadly, you must get use to the bitch-ass customers. :/

iraqagainfuck 0

doesnt 2 look like a duck when sge puffs out her lips :D

Dear #84, I admire the time and effort you took to look at my photo and challenge my appearance when you don't even have a photo of yourself. AND type it out with your shit-like spelling that makes you seem pretty stupid. Au Revoir pug-fuggo.

I_am_Oblivious 0

I dunno Iraqagainfuck, she just tore you a new one. Would you like some ice with that burn?

My friend who works at McDonald's had that happen to him once. Best thing to do is look as hard as you can for a different job. Fast food sucks.

Big time, but these days a job is a job....

aquarist 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
thebigtwinkie 28

You realize that working at McDonalds, is a real job?

Boohoo that's soo sad. Just keep working, it's only a burger.

I really don't know what customers who do things like that are thinking. Even if you HAD been the one to mess up the order, it's just something trivial-- Plus, OP is likely not paid very much. Harassing people in minimum-wage jobs is ridiculous.

Worse than minimum wage. Well, not worse. But you don't get any sort of raise From minimum wage for years. My friend who's been there for... I'd say 4 years finally got his first raise. A .05 cent raise. They barely schedule him as it is.

They think that because you're a fast food employee (or any employee in retail) that you're beneath them, so they're free to treat you any way they want.

Hayman68 4

hey, im a nerd, can i come get u hot?

#11 Oh gosh, that's so awful! :( #15 Oh yes, I am well aware of that. I just don't get he concept of why they think it's so acceptable, though. Everyone is a human being, no matter what job they have. Although I'm a baker, I also serve tables at the same place-- and I do tend to get someone who quite obviously looks down upon me.

#25 Sorry, but I already have a nerd of my own-- and I only date those who can implement correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.

Yeah, it's not a friendly working environment. He's been trying to find a new place of employment, but it's difficult. And you busted his bubble. Hahah. Least you're someone with brains to do so. The amount of people that can implement said grammar, etc, is low. It's upsetting. D:

VvCJHvV 6

That is so true. It's sad so many people look down on retail employees and fast food employees. Honestly if they didn't work there then there would not be those places. I can't wait to start my real career in the USN, and get out of disrespectful customers lives. I truely feel for those who do retail and fast food, it is practically the worst customer service posistions, especially in major business towns, out there. When you have someone paid 80k-250k annual salary, in a hurry, and someone paid 8.50 an hour is slowing them down... need I say more.

#11 - Not necessarily true. My friend's been working at McDonald's for a little over a year and she's gotten 2 raises. First was a 25 cent raise, second was 20 cents.

@43 - That's good, than. I'm just saying from my personal view, so sorry if it was a little bad in my comment. Might just be the work area that we live in that it's pretty bad, because he is a hard worker and does everything correctly, just hasn't gotten a raise at all for about that long. Your friend is lucky from my point of view. But than again, as said, it might just be the work area around where we live.

iraqagainfuck 0

In that case 27 its the not "he" proofread ftw

#86 Thanks for letting me know. I suppose that's what I get for commenting when I'm still sleepy!

Noooo. Go figure I don't proofread and get a grammar error. I'm ashamed of myself. :(

ibanez370 0

not true, ive been working there for 3 years and i've had many raises. One every 3 months, and they're 20 cent raises. I've also had a few people throw orders back in my face, not fun haha

You're one of those people. Read your post over again and find the mistakes. You probably won't because you're too busy with your head up your ass that you don't even notice them. Funny thing is you probably thought your post was error-free. L.O.L.

wickedsorcerer 0

how are you working if you're woman?

wickedsorcerer 0

how are you working if you're woman?

There are so many things wrong with this

Salaminizer 0

People who work at Mcdonalds aren't allowed to say 'whilst.' Makes them sound overqualified. lol.

Just because they're overqualified doesn't mean they can't work there. HR that hires them might think so, but the job has to be done by someone. Someone who needs a job should go anywhere they can find one, no matter how bad it sucks. No matter how bad it sucks to work for fast food..

Having 8 fingers and 2 thumbs makes them overqualified doesn't it? ;-)

I'm actually the OP of this post (I created this account recently so I can reply) I am overqualified. I have 11 GCSE's, 3 A-levels one AS level and I'm on my way to Uni to get my honours. I only work there part time to earn some money on the side so I can pay for living expenses when I go to Uni. So to all the people who seriously thought that I work there full time, you're wrong. And to all the people who said the guy was fat, no. The customer wasn't fat XD He was a skinny guy with a horrible attitude. He even demanded that I apologise to him for getting his order wrong, even though I didn't even serve him. My managers sorted him out.

#168 - Well, nice to meet you then OP. Even if you're overqualified though doesn't mean you can't work there, as the person above said. You're working there to help pay for living expenses, which is good. I respect you for that because most people wouldn't want to work there because of it being fast food, like a certain someone I know. >.> Good luck going back to Uni, too. Learn hard!

OP, do people in Britain actually ask for a quarter pounder? I thought that was only in America. I've never heard it being said here before...

Yeah they do. Some order by asking for a Quarter Pounder others say Quarter Cheese.

Wow, 100 FYLs and 10 YDIs. I would think there would be tons of YDIs from idiots saying the OP deserves it for working at McDonalds.