By Username - 22/06/2012 06:02 - United States

Today, while watching TV with my boyfriend, I was telling him that I wasn't looking forward to "getting older" and turning thirty in three days. Five minutes later, he said, "I never knew you had so much grey hair already" and then offered to help me dye them. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 181
You deserved it 4 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you have hair... Soon you may not have much left.

Comments

Was he listening? If he was watching television as well, he may not have heard you. Either way, don't be too mad at him. He was either joking or being honest in a way that doesn't sound rude; either way it sounds like you need to lighten up. Shooting the messenger will not make you younger (frown lines!). Getting older is certainly better than the alternative.

KM96 24

Why are people giving OP YDIs ... I don't understand because OP doesn't choose to grow grey hairs...?

They're probably just doing it because OP is being unnecessarily whiny in the majority opinion. Especially when her boyfriend is nice enough to help fix such a small problem.

My schoolmate already hair plentiful of white hair when she was 13. Teacher even forced her to dye it black.

Forced her? Since when do teachers have the authority to "force" people to dye their hair?

o.O Demand. Okay ? If not they'll give you disciplinary marks, suspend you from school, call your parents and more shit.

Im not sure they can do that. Going prematurely grey cant be helped

She's from a country where you are not supposed to have crazy hair colors just natural browns and blacks schools have policies against that there and can get you suspended from school

TheVelocirabbit 10

... I'm never going to go to that country, considering my hair's a crazy red. But what I'm thinking is why get suspended over something you can't control? Also, are you one hundred percent sure it's white? Because I have a few specks of blonde hair that my parents thought was grey.

Thank you #36 :D Well my country is not bad. Great variety of food and people. When you exchange currency you'll be few times richer here :( However, I prefer to live here than other countries I travelled to. Just used to this lifestyle. #40, yeap white. It was a lot so kinda obvious especially on black hair. She says must be caused by over eating instant noodles.

#34 , Well other teachers didn't really care only one hypocrite teacher really did. She considers it as sort of highlights I guess. Yet, she perms and dyed her hair red. Ugh. She did have the authority to take actions as a disciplinary teacher. Does other countries' school cares if your fringe touches your eyes?

I'm from Australia and I'm also a teacher, we don't have the authority to tell our students to dye their hair a certain color, hell they can show up to school with pink, purple, green or even a full head of grey hair for all we care. Nor can we tell our students to cut their hair a certain way, unless it poses a threat to their fellow classmates or teachers, I'm yet to come across that happen yet lol. Your friend should come to Australia :-)

Wow that's nice. School's here claim fashionable hair styles will affect our studies. Great offer but we already graduated high school :)

I'm from Canada and my hair was a bright yet deep blue while I was going to school lol

So cool ! In my country, we have a major exam called SPM during our last year of high school. The teachers wouldn't allow us to take the exams if we aren't 'presentable' especially if we had your hair haha.

No reason to complain, his hair will get gray and/or fall out one day. And in 50 years every person on this forum will be balding, gray, or dead! You can't turn back time so there's no point in being upset about it.

Not necessarily. It's all about genetics. I know people going bald at their 20's, people having grey hair in their 30's and on the other hand people with beautiful and not grey hair at their 70's...

OhDearBetrayal 25

I'm a vampire, therefore your statement is invalid.

Just because you're a vampire doesn't mean you'll be alive in 50 years.

Well, I'm a vampire hunter, and my plan has worked perfectly. Prepare to die betrayal, now I know who you are!

Men are naturally problem solvers. They don't realise you're fishing for a compliment. He heard you say you were upset about getting older and decided to help you manage the problem thinking it would make you feel better. There was no malice in it that's just how most men's minds work..

I noticed my first grey at 19, hair dye is my friend!

mariah_victoria 0

Was it Fifty Shades of Grey? I started getting a few grey hairs at a young age too. Highlights hide them well. (: OP should be happy to have a boyfriend offer to help dye her hair. I love changing my hair color! You feel like a new person!(:

WoW! It might be time for him to trade you in for a younger model...

jaredofmo 22

Hey, he thought you might have a problem, and offered to help. He thinks of you first.