By yeah - 22/06/2012 03:07 - United States

Today, I entered my first professional fight as a mixed martial artist. It's been my dream to become a UFC champion one day. All I do is train and watch UFC fights all day. I was out cold in a matter of seconds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 752
You deserved it 27 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You need to do a training montage. Perhaps "Eye of the tiger" would be a good song choice to go with it.

MGSPOP 1

Practice more instead of watching UFC, you'll get better. :)

Comments

JocelynKaulitz 28

Good things take time…keep working at it! Eventually, you'll be the one knocking someone out cold within a matter of seconds. :)

You need to do a training montage. Perhaps "Eye of the tiger" would be a good song choice to go with it.

JocelynKaulitz 28

Good things take time, keep working at it! Eventually, you'll be the one knocking someone out cold within a matter of seconds. :)

egc573 40

That makes for a great montage, sure, but Rocky lost the fight in that movie!

perdix 29

A good song for the OP's UFC career would be: Nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, good-bye.

G3K0 7

This comment is completely irrelevant.

28- but he didn't let that loss keep him down. He came back and won. OP don't forget that a loss is just as valuable as a win so Keep at it.

expertsmilee 26

37 - You appear to have forgotten one hey good sir.

Training with that song playing gives you a 40% skill boost.

jvillan87 5

I prefer to be a champion in THC.

raraisbang 12
detroitsucks247 3
jrockstar123 0

76 - What the hell sort of sport do you compete in where a win isn't more valuable than a loss?

Maybe your just not meant for it...or its time for a serious comeback!

DontModMeDammit 10

You learn more from a loss than a victory, don't stop training and pushing, that shows the true heart of a champion.

A real winner will always come back even better! C'mon OP, fight hard!

egc573 40

Couldn't agree more 26. Plus, it was the OP's first time. Who ever expects to succeed on the first try? I mean, if they do, it's usually because of luck, not skill.

DontModMeDammit 10

47 I wouldn't say it is all luck, there is still a level of skill that anyone who trains should have before they step in the ring, sparring is one thing but if a person is not ready for a fight their coach should be professional enough to not let them step into the ring.

egc573 40

I was actually referring to first times in general (your first driving lesson, your first job, etc.). Those kinds of things you don't exactly prepare for. You pretty much HAVE to mess up to really get better at all. Then again, I know nothing about martial arts, so maybe those first times are different. Nevertheless, OP should keep trying!

K_kanaka 26

Dude don't worry. Forrest Griffin lost his first fight too, and look at how far he went in his UFC career.

DontModMeDammit 10

56, you got a point, you are bound to get your ass kicked at some point when you start out, I know that when starting say BJJ you are just a body for the upper ranks to do w/e to. So I understand now what you meant abou luck.

4 has a very good point, at least on the second half of the comment. I think it would give you more motivation to train harder :-). The same exact thing happened to my friend and he trained for over s year.

A* not s. And on my EVO phone I can't edit my comments.

Akumie 6

That's okay. You just gotta keep training! When you get knocked down ya gotta stand up!

As 'I Love Lucy' has taught me, you have to get back up on the horse after you fall off or you never will! keep your head up OP, you can do it!

This exact thing happened on Friends...

"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down!"

MGSPOP 1

Practice more instead of watching UFC, you'll get better. :)

B-b-b-but... I watched 6 hours of fights last night.... How could I lose...?

That's not true. A combination of watching the pros and practicing is key. You have to KNOW what to do before you do it. I watch MLB and practice to get better; it works well for me.

Watch less and train more. I watch **** all day, but I'm certainly no ManDingo

I suggest a new dream. With less unconsciousness.

Or you can keep jumping off buildings hoping God will give you wings. Time to find a new career path, OP.

How can you just tell someone to change their dream? You have to work to succeed and maybe OP just isn't ready yet.

klovemachine 24

The people who voted YDI for this FML are failures in life and I hope their dreams don't come true :) go for your dreams, OP, don't let one fight end your dreams!

I agree with 111, a guy who used to be my schools Spanish teacher, let that settle in, was and is an professional fighter(I believe UFC, but I just know he can use his arms and legs) He's nicknamed the "Spaniard"

tannerianian 11

Maybe fighting isn't your thing. Join the peace core!

mariah_victoria 0

You're ******* beautiful. I love you.

51, at least they only have to deal with one season :-).

Darn my first comment was deleted, life means nothing now

First time in a fight is always hard OP. Good luck next time! :)