By Chellybelly92 - 01/07/2013 15:34 - United States - Allentown

Today, while waitressing, I had a huge party. When everything was said and done I saw the tip they left me. It said on a napkin, "You're pretty. You can't put a value on a compliment." And that was it. I wish compliments paid the rent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 332
You deserved it 4 127

Chellybelly92 tells us more.

Chellybelly92 14

Wow this made it. That day was kinda bad for tips and that just topped it. But I made a good amount it's just probably gonna be a rough month with money but I'll make it. Thanks guys.

Top comments

Wow, that's horrible OP. All the places I work have gratuity added for parties greater than 6 or 8.

I can put a value on a compliment: Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Assholes.

Comments

The reason waitrons are on about tips is because tips are not properly taxed due to the under-the-table nature of tipping. More money is usually made in tips than with a proper wage for their job. This is a large part of why I have no sympathy for the low wages of wait staff. Even the OP says this job usually pays the most of her jobs. Don`t think for a second that wait staff are hard done by, and don`t buy into their crap about "wah, I pay the bills in tips". How many of her tables didn't tip her on the shift in question? In the grand scheme of things, the non-tip didn't really matter. But, if you really can't survive unless absolutely every person pays you under the table (that's what a tip is in the USA - it's not recognition for a job well done, it's off-market pay), then you need a different job. It's really that simple.

ravenevercross 19

Well if America wasn't a corporate bs place, you wouldn't need tips to pay your rent. In some, better countries, like France, the waiters and waitresses actually get paid for their job by the people who hired them, not the customers they serve.

I understand that they live on those tips. But I don't give it just because. Good customer service is so hard to find right now and most people expect it and are rude so I don't believe they deserve a good tip. But if I am happy, I tip extremely well! They shouldn't e rewarded for not doing there job. I'm sorry that happened to you OP

Just for you who don't know waiters and waitresses make most of there money from tips so if you liked your experience their and you got good service ect. Tip generously

I hate assholes who don't tip. cheap pieces of shit. sorry bout the rant.

Yeah, I've had people stiff me completely on a couple hundred dollar check. A compliment is an insult at that point. Especially considering what you have to tip out on your sales to others in the restaurant.

charmanderCHAR 5

You didn't add gratuity? Damn, OP. I'm sorry. I feel you. I'm a server too, and that shit sucks. If you can't afford to tip, you can't afford to go out. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

At least you know you're pretty! ...It's something... ;) :)

Why don't patrons get that compliments and a Jesus pamphlet doesn't pay the bills? They should try paying bills that way.